My sims 2 game crashes after a few sim days
#11 01-09-2023 
@CatherineTCJD Don't feel bad, dear. You did better than I, because at first, I didn't even care to look at any devices in the DxDiag at all. I only checked it for memory allotment.

#12 01-09-2023 
@CatrineTCJD I have already tried to follow that guide a while ago and when that failed i switched to the one the in the google docs, but thanks for the suggestion anyway Big Grin

I'll se if i can find a way to activate the Radeon card Wink

Edit: Made GRM reconize the Radeon card now, i'll tell later if it made a difference Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2023 04:40 PM by Inessa.)

#13 02-09-2023 
Okay a little update, the game still crashes however it does last a little longer now after i tweaked it (circa 2 sim weeks now, still a few days if have ex changed my sim appereance in the mirror) the crashes are still pretty random, so i dont think its a cc conflict :/

#14 02-09-2023 
The easiest way to check if it is CC or not - is to start a fresh game save without any CC (add in only the stuff you need to play like the redundancy stoppers, batbox, BO's NoSimLoaded, CEP, etc...)
If the game does NOT crash when you play; then it is CC/mod related (something in your other game save folder.)
...and you'll have to do the old tried and true 50/50 dance.

If you rename your 'saved game' folder and hit start - the game will generate a completely new (no cc/mods) game folder.
To play your old one, just rename it back to what it should be and change the name on your 'new' folder.
I have several Wink
[Image: image.png?width=646&height=634]

The only one the game loads/reads is the plain "EA Games" folder.
Before you 'play' your new game: start the game once and enable CC use. Close it.
Then, add in the mods/CC you want/need. (Remember - the newly generated folder will have nothing! No CEP, or scriptorium, cameras, defaults, etc... and starter hoods - you have to copy/paste everything over from your main game.)
If there is no crashing - then it is something in your old folder that has a problem. CC/mods.

To go back and play your regular hoods (with all your stuff) just rename your game back to plain EA Games.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2023 01:02 PM by CatherineTCJD.)

#15 02-09-2023 
@CathrineTCJD

Thank you! I'll try that, and see what happens Big Grin

#16 04-09-2023 
Update again: Unfortunately I still don't have much luck with sims 2. Games still crash randomly with or without CC 50/50 methods or not new game ord old game. It's really getting frustrating now Sad(

#17 04-09-2023 
If it's still crashing on a completely fresh, new Saved Game folder, without any CC/mods... then it is likely something with either your hardware or your game's installation.

I forget if you said the game worked on this computer before...
But, if you are going to try a fresh install - I recommend osab's StarterPack: https://github.com/voicemxil/TS2-Starter.../tag/v13.1
It comes with everything you need to get set up (GRM included) - AND - it is fully supported (by osab, who knows computers really well!) The basis of this version is the free UC release that EAxis put out several years ago.
Be sure you completely UNinstall your old game first! You can keep a back-up copy of all your CC/mods and old neighborhoods - and put them in your new game, once it is set up and working well. Wink

#18 04-09-2023 
@CatherineTCJD Again thank you so much for the help- the game has always been annoying to run on Win10 for me (Think most can agree here)- But i try the Starterpack now and see what happen then Smile

#19 08-09-2023 
Update: The game has finally started cooperating with me! The starter pack as well as giving the game the highest priority in the settings and adjusting a little more on the texture memory did the trick. My game doesn't crash at all now. I would like to give an exstra thank you to you @CatherineTCJD you really helped me here Big Grin

#20 08-09-2023 
How much texture memory did you end up giving the game, @Inessa ??

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option