What started you simming?
#51 20-07-2015 
I think that I had my first experience with the sims playing it on ps2. It was burstin' out, or something like that, I can't remember the title! But it looked so cool and funny to me, I stayed in front of the tv for entire days. Then, I had the sims 2, but I didn't enjoy it at all. It was incomplete, boring and the sims had always the same appearance. Then, I finally had a computer and then the real sims 2. I bought lots of expansion packs. I had no internet connection, so I used to download from mod the sims using my 3g cellphone. It was kinda funny and strange.
I stopped playing the sims for a while because my laptop died, but now I have a desktop pc and all the ep's and stuff packs.
I don't like the sims 3 and 4 at all, my favourite will always be 2.

#52 08-08-2015 
  • Registered
I have loved the Sims series for so long though i recently started playing Sims on pc (2013) but I have played every Java mobile Sims there is, about two or three ps2 version all Android versions but freeplay, I have loved Sims even before I saw the pc versions and I still love it. Now all thanks to Sims, when I search for games online I always add my favorite game keywords "Sim, simulation, real life, Do Anything, Do everything, Do nothing" LOL Sims is a game that "does".

Cheers to "siming" (if that's a thing)

Suggestions: Make a point system with "simeleons"
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 08:16 AM by leefish.)

#53 14-01-2016 
Oh wow I actually started out with the sims 2 family fun stuff...lol...did'nt evn know I needed a base game. My mom told me and my sis we could choose one game because we both did so well in school...so we went with that! We were extatic to say the least...but when we tried to install it we were super bummed..cant even remember where we got the base game. Haha I just remember it made my child-and teenhood... and its pretty much still rockin mah world! Haha cant believe how cool this site is...no one knew or loved the game as much as we did...like, used to use "Simlish" phrases and laugh it off nd our friends would go: ooohhhkay? Just love the way sims speak...hilarious...! However, its so awesome to meet a community of simmers u guys rock*
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 01:02 AM by Nay1994.)

#54 21-06-2016 
I was only 2 when my eldest sibling gave me every Sims 1 game. I was hooked immediately.

#55 09-08-2016 
Back in like 2004, my dad bought the original sims for ps2. And when I went over to his next (my parents had split up) we sat down and played it. Omg we just cracked up laughing of the way they were talking!

#56 09-08-2016 
I have to say that there was a amstrad prehistoric version of Sims (not endorsed by Maxis Wink ) ; and back then it was already addicting for the child I was (to the astonishment of all my family). Fortunately, amstrad didn't last long after that, so I had to forget about it.

Years later, I knew about the SimCity thing but it wasn't really my ... thing. Then me and my sister bought the sims 1 and it was just WoW!!! Later, I was very furious that I will have to buy everything again for TS2, and then I played it, and it was just WOW WoW !!!!! I forget all about TS1 ! Unfortunately, I'm not a good user of Bodyshop and I didn't know anything about SimPE then. So, I lost interest and years goes by.

In 2013, I discovered the whole community (that was already dying) and the possibility to download and create CC mods. Since Then, I'm addicted.
In this game, the real thing is not the playing, but the creation/customization part.

#57 09-08-2016 
I bought a "Box-o-Sims" at a yard sale in April 2015 for $25. It contained nearly EVERY version of Sims, with every EP up to that point. Including Castaway, and Life Stories. Not only did it contain all the disks in mint condition, it contained 3, 32gb flash drives, and 1 64gb flash drive, with all those Sims games, hacked to run without the CD, and the games were all patched, and ready to go, with a simple, one click installment, smooth as butter!........ All done by a 14 year old girl! Kid is a Sims genius!

I guess her parents made her get rid of the game because it was interfering with her studies...... I can see how that happened.

I gave her computer a free upgrade, as I felt bad she'd lost her Sims. Someday, I'll send her a copy of her "hacked" games.

Installed Sims1 on my daughters computer, she got bored with it pretty quick. I installed Sims2 on both our computers. She ended up not having much time to play it, but I was/am hooked!

I ended up giving my "The Sims" disks, and all the extensions I had for it, to a friend of mine, who lost his. I kept everything else.

#58 02-10-2016 
It was over the span of a number of years when I was in elementary school. Multiple kids I used to hang with had different Sims games from different platforms. I got interested in Sims 2, played the Urbz Sims (MOST ICONIC GAME EVER), then moved onto Sims 1 before getting sucked into TS2.

Probably been playing for 10 years or more, off and on.

#59 03-10-2016 
  • Registered
I'm probably being sacrilegious here, but I have never played TS1 and only briefly played TS2 for PS2 for about an hour. But recently I found some Let's Plays at The Jessa Channel on youtube, and paired with a Midweek Madness sale at Steam, I now have TS3. I'm utterly hooked but still learning the ropes, and looking for communities to help nurture this obsession.

#60 04-10-2016 
Compared to most of you, I'm still a "baby" simmer. In April, 2015, I bought my "Box-O-Sims", and started with "The Sims", a month later, I was on Sims 2. As most of you have mentioned, I liked building houses, and hoods. Then started on CAS, and doing some recolors. Now, I'm more into the Sims lives. Now, I gave away my "The Sims" to a friend of mine, but still have all the rest. I went through the "Immortal Sims" stage, and there are a few, that I still can't bring myself to let die. Right now, I'm working with the "Ottomas Empire". Trying to remove the ugly gene, and get them through college, etc. This has actually been the most rewarding hood, I've ever played. I'm definitely hooked. I don't play every day, but maybe four out of seven, are "Sim" days. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option