What started you modding?
#11 09-05-2012 
The T-mog! Oh, that brings back fond memories of early modding days. Big Grin

#12 05-06-2012 
I've always loved to build houses for my sims and thought sharing them on the exchange was a blast but quickly realized if you didn't change your upload pic no one would even see them. So I downloaded SimPE and learned how to change my upload pics and since I loved to build houses, creating my own walls and floors in HomeCrafter naturally followed. I thought it was the coolest thing ever to have things that I made in my game but I'm not particularly creative or artistic (so wasn't particularly good at it) and that phase only lasted a couple of months before I went back to playing and building my houses without any CC.

After a couple years of that I was bored with the game and couldn't wait for Sims 3 to be released--I was so excited! And completely disappointed in Sims 3 so picked the Sims 2 back up again but by that time the Sims 2 website and the exchange were pretty much in shambles and never worked so I started uploading my lots to MTS. There's so much information at MTS it's almost impossible to participate there and not mod your game, which opened up a whole new interest in the Sims 2 for me. So I dusted off HomeCrafter and made some walls again and learned how to use SimPE to do some recolors (that was in June 2010). Which was cool but pretty boring (not being artistic and all of that) but creating new objects? That actually do something or that my sims can use and interact with? Now that's fun and exciting stuff!

So now I play a little, spend way to much time making stuff the community has already done (but is new and exciting for me) and waiting for Sims 4 to come out. Big Grin

#13 20-09-2012 
Basically I just don't like not knowing stuff! If other people are making stuff for the Sims, then I wanted to as well! I started off with a pretty abysmal hotel carpet, then worked my way up to walls, recolours, careers etc., and I've just now branched out into meshing - very basic stuff, but great fun!
Don't underestimate the impotence of proofreading everything you write!

#14 20-09-2012 
I just want to say I have great admiration towards anyone who mods and creates custom meshes and the like for games, especially TS2. I want to try my hand at making gameplay mods myself, but it seems super daunting so I'll probably stick with making default replacement recolours for now lol.
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#15 20-09-2012 
XanderGC;16648 Wrote:I just want to say I have great admiration towards anyone who mods and creates custom meshes and the like for games, especially TS2. I want to try my hand at making gameplay mods myself, but it seems super daunting so I'll probably stick with making default replacement recolours for now lol.
Can I just say to go for it! You never know until you try,and there are some really helpful tutorials out there! Smile
Don't underestimate the impotence of proofreading everything you write!

#16 22-09-2012 
Well, a forum I'm a member of had a long-standing "No Mod Discussion" rule (I think the reasoning was that some Mods are PG-13, and instead of screening every Mod link to ensure that it would be safe to post, they felt a flat out ban would be easier). When it was lifted earlier this year, I felt the confidence to download some Mods. So I installed some. This started a curiosity in me -- how do they work, what's the code all about -- stuff like that. So I downloaded S3PE and fixed a bug. I felt great about it, so I kept on going. And the rest, as they say, is history. Celebrate

wave

#17 22-09-2012 
Seabody;16755 Wrote:.... I felt great about it, so I kept on going. And the rest, as they say, is history. Celebrate

So you mod TS3 hmmm? Do you have a link to where we can spy on your stuff?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#18 22-09-2012 
Yep, I mod TS3. I upload all my stuff (or plan to) to MTS - link to only Mod released to date - http://www.modthesims.info/d/475596

I have a custom book collection and a secret project coming soon though.

wave

#19 22-09-2012 
Seabody;16757 Wrote:Yep, I mod TS3. I upload all my stuff (or plan to) to MTS - link to only Mod released to date - http://www.modthesims.info/d/475596

I have a custom book collection and a secret project coming soon though.

Maybe go post in the introductions thread - I see your new mod is up on Leefish (I should know - I just moved it for you Big Grin)
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#20 22-09-2012 
Trust me to overlook an introductions board. Tongue Thanks for moving it. Smile

wave

Sorry, that is a members only option