Any Creators Ever Feel Like Giving Up After the UmpTeenth Try?
#21 08-05-2012 
I met SW through Sims 1. I told you I am old! LMAO. (Clearly I'm in a chatty mood this evening/morning) That why some of his meshes are on my site, and some of my recolours are on his. Smile Because I am old.

#22 08-05-2012 
lol at the old. Heck are making me feel old. Or maybe I am just exhausted from bringing BO his wheelchair rug/tea/smokes etc.... Big Grin

We are younger than BO!! We are bright young things. Yes we are.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#23 08-05-2012 
Rofl To me you're not old. I just entered the scene a lot later.

Because Lee is right: I'm one of the oldest peeps around here, and I feel young, mainly because *I* don't need to push that wheelchair Tongue

#24 09-05-2012 
celebkiriedhel;12373 Wrote:(I'm an analyst/programmer by trade so I was fairly arrogant with the thought that I could get this going - after all it's just assembler in another form).

OOOOh. Any good at php??? Or javascript - which I TRULY suck at.

#25 09-05-2012 
Unfortunately no. I work on the big boys - if the computer doesn't take up a room, it's too small for me. And I program in cobol so other programmers tend to point at me and laugh.

But I have friends who do either PHP or Java or C++ (I'm not sure what else is in their repetoire) so if there's something particularly sticky for you, I suspect I could ask.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#26 09-05-2012 
well, my javascript and php scripts tend to be very simple. I am struggling with my caching right now - but once I get that cracked...HA... we will be even more awesome than we are today.

#27 09-05-2012 
"COBOL"???

* BoilingOil points at Kiri and laughs out loud...

My, that's archaic! Are there still systems around that understand those growls? I thought they went out with the dinosaurs!

Ok, just kidding... I myself, am not much of a programmer at all anymore, so I have no right to be sarcastic.

#28 09-05-2012 
**COBOL - one of the most stable languages about. It is interesting - COBOL is classed as a bit out of style, but companies are still using it - and so people who CAN program in that language are in fairly high demand.

(**Info from leefish personal in-house programmer who persists in using silly languages like C# and JAVA instead of learning php)

#29 09-05-2012 
I work within the finance industry - insurance and pensions - and yeah, mainframes need stable sequential languages to do things to a lot of information in a minimum amount of time. Servers and PC's don't cut the workload, and to be honest the development is generally very undisciplined. Although nowadays we use PC's for the pretty UI, to do all the user related things - like validation, etc.

It's more the programmers who point and laugh. Companies tend to be a little more polite.

Offer in-house programmer much chocolate - that may encourage them to learn php. Smile

#30 10-05-2012 
celebkiriedhel;12373 Wrote:In Sims 2, I wanted to make a piggy bank, that sims could save their money in - the idea was being able to have separate incomes in one household, so the household money was just that, the bit that was chipped in when sim singles were living together.

If anyone could just make the piggy, I think I'd be able to code the bank stuff for it. The idea sounds good, anyway.

Sorry, that is a members only option