My proposed PC Specifications...
#31 02-06-2012 
My friend's version is the one with Base and Uni together, so I'm hoping that will be a goer. Cross your fingers Reba, I hope I have the same experience. Smile

#32 02-06-2012 
Indeed - fingers crossed. Maybe no AGS for you now though - assuming you used it.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#33 02-06-2012 
celebkiriedhel;13809 Wrote:My friend's version is the one with Base and Uni together.

That's an odd one! I didn't know such a version existed. I have Deluxe, which consists of BaseGame and NightLife.

#34 02-06-2012 
It's the University Life edition - I thought it also came bundled with IKEA though I am not positive on that . It is a shame Numenor has retired, the AGS is NOT working with the new "best of" packs. Needs a Pascal-programmer to adopt it.

#35 02-06-2012 
What is AGS? I didn't know anything was written in Pascal?

I have the disk set now - it's six disks bundled - Base and Uni. So... we'll see.

At the moment my raid drive keeps on degrading, so I think there's something wrong with it. Just copying everything off my data drive, so I can de-raid it, and do some general diagnostics on it.

#36 02-06-2012 
AGS is AnyGameStarter, a program made by Numenor. It makes it possible to use a game setup with a specific combination of EPs/SPs alongside your "full" game.

It is mainly used by lot builders/creators to check for compatibility. The AGS is written in Pascal.

#37 02-06-2012 
If I had a Pascal editor, I am sure I could work on it.
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#38 02-06-2012 
I went a bit crazy ordering copies online when the game was released and I have one or two unused copies of the DVD (US) version of the base game and an unused copy of the CD (US) version. I had no problem installing in Win 7 with the DVD version. I am happy to mail the DVD version to you if you are comfortable providing an address to which I should send it. Alternately, you could try downloading the game via torrent (searchable on isohunt or similar) and using your own serial when you install. This has helped me bypass DRM related problems in the past.

#39 02-06-2012 
RebaLynn1960;13831 Wrote:If I had a Pascal editor, I am sure I could work on it.

You don't really need a specialized editor for it (Pascal code is written in a normal text editor), but a compiler would be helpful. And you would need to know how the language works, of course. I have dabbled a little in Pascal, some 30 years ago, but I doubt that I'd do any good with it right now.

#40 02-06-2012 
Well, I don't have a compiler for it. And, Like you, it has been a while since I used Pascal.
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

Sorry, that is a members only option