Coffin for Fansee (Vampire Bed)
#51 16-06-2012 
@ fansee, I'll take a look at it.
@ MLC, looks good.

#52 16-06-2012 
fanseelamb;14404 Wrote:Well I don't want to have the same base and box colour as the coffin default because that doesn't look good on the coffin.

I don't quite understand what needs changing. What textures are the two tables in the pic using? The wood one looks fantastic! Texture looks good and I LOVE the new drawers and handle arrangement! The black one looks like the shading is wrong, yeah.

Have I ever told you how basically lazy I am? Was just trying to get out of having to remap anything else. Angel And I kind of figured since they're separate subsets, using the design tool will get you the different looks. But- bad MLC! I'll just remap the shelves.

What needs changing is the default base texture. You've got a black wood as a recolor. Lee said the default black might be hers? None of your recolors have that lighter spot which is causing the striped look. The table is mapped to the corner opposite where the bedding would've been on the base texture. The wood texture? It's one of yours.. slightly edited by me as a test recolor. Smile Glad you like the new table. I wasn't sure about the extra drawers at first, but if Ikea made that table I'd order 2. One for each side of my bed, no matter what Lee thinks of that idea. (Me sleeping alone and all, lol.)

#53 16-06-2012 
Well of COURSE you need one table for each side of the bed! What is Lee thinking!

Hmm. The base texture thing is really weird, because all my recolours - including the default - use the exact same shading. It's darker on the default black colour, and that one doesn't use the same wood grain as the wood recolours.... but still, it's basically the exact same texture just with darker shading and less grain. Are you using the file that I PM'd to you? That's my texture, not lee's.

So, um, I really don't know what to change it TO since they're all the same... and I do like how that black texture looks on the vampire bed.... I wouldn't wanna kill the shading on it, y'know?

ETA: Ohhh you mean the top left corner. Yeah I see it now, some of the light wood base textures are missing the shadow there that the black base has. Hmm. I will look into that.

#54 16-06-2012 
I'm throwing your fixed recolors in game right now. We'll see how the table looks then. Smile Cuz I really, really want to see it in alllllllllll the colors available.

#55 16-06-2012 
fanseelamb;14402 Wrote:Hmm, turns out I can't recolour that AL version of the Freezer Bunny. The unlocked one in the first post here. When I try to recolour it, no textures pop up in the texture chooser box. Anyone know an easy way to recolour such a thing? I don't wanna spend lots of time on it, but if there's an easy way I'll give it a try. If not it's no big deal since the current recolour works fine, it just requires M&G.

Okay fansee, no you can't recolour the AL there is no TXTR's and TXMT's with it, however, I did clone it and make it base game compatible and it's recolourable.
Is that any good to you?

You could change the name to fansee stuffed vampire bunny and you could recolour until your hearts content. Big Grin

ETA: BTW what does the bunny do?
You can find more of my work at Mod The Sims and Plumb Bob Keep.

#56 16-06-2012 
MLC. Okay, so basically I screwed up the textures way back when I made them. They were supposed to have that shadow that's on the black one but it didn't show up on the lighter recolours and I never noticed. Here's a pic. The area in question is the side/end of the base. See how there's dark shading around the edges of the black one and no shading on the wood one? Yeah. Soooo... umm. What to do. I guess it looks okay without the shading? I don't know. The fact that I never even noticed one way or the other probably means it's not a big deal. So should I redo the dark colours without that shadow? Redo the light colours to add the shadow? Leave 'em as is and drive MLC completely bonkers? Tongue Opinions please.

Michelle. Oooh a basegame one. Hmm. For me personally, I don't need that because I have the M&G one. I wanted to recolour the other one so more people could use the recolour. A basegame version would certainly achieve that. But is it okay to upload a basegame version of a mesh that came with an EP? Usually not. Certainly not on MTS. But if the reason is that the original was not recolourable - or even available in fact - perhaps it is okay. I certainly wouldn't want to change the name though - it's not my mesh and I'd never claim that it is. Would just give it the Maxis name and object description, maybe add "made recolourable by Michelle" somewhere, and create the 2 little fangy recolours for it. I'm still not sure if it's quite kosher though, taking it from an EP and all.

What does the bunny do? It sits there and looks cute! (And raises "fun" when sims view it.) Big Grin

#57 16-06-2012 
OMG! I'm not going crazy then?!? I know, I know- that's open for debate. I was JUST coming back here to tell you that the darker recolors have that shading and the lighter ones don't. And I was going to try to remap the table tomorrow.

However- it would be easier if the darker recolors didn't have the shading there. I don't think it looks too terrible. To be honest, if I make the table map any smaller it affects the texture to the point it starts to look blurry. I've moved that table all over both textures and where I put it ended up looking the best. BUT it's up to you. I will remap if I have to. Smile I don't want you to do something you don't want to do. Btw, forgot to grab a pic but the recolors look awesome on the table. Now I really need to go to bed, already been up almost 2 hours since I decided it was time.

Added pic to show you where the table is mapped to- it might not use up that whole space. Ignore the funky greenish color, which looks pretty neat on the base imo.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#58 16-06-2012 
Hey I've never understood MTS logic behind converting something from an EP is stealing...but converting from Sims3, TSM, Warcraft, Skyrim etc is not stealing. Not to mention all the trees and plants that have been made seasons compatible...that's not stealing? HUH!

If I read the MTS rules correctly, if your clone it, change it's name and change the TXTR, it's not stealing it's a new mesh. Which also makes no sense to me.

We can leave it up to Lee, see what she has to say. I just thought by changing the name people that have the M&G one will not get confused.

#59 16-06-2012 
* leefish gulps coffee.

Table looks great. I actually prefer the effect on the lighter base with the shadow not there. It looks crisper somehow.

Bunny. Well, it is an AL item, it is a PITA that it is not recolourable, and making it recolourable is a good idea. Making it base? Hmm. There is no need to make it base as far as I know. In order to make it recolourable it needs a change to the GMND and a MMAT adding. That would be it, I think.

Re MTS policy - not really the place for a full on discussion, but they got a Cease and Desist from EA over the Stories stuff, basically telling them if they made Stories/EP items available for those who did not have the EP/Stories games then they were in violation of copyright and that they would report them to their host who would have to close them down.

To be honest - I don't think EA cares anymore, but as MTS have been warned regarding making companion items available then they need to be careful as if EA wanted to they could ask the server company to close MTS while it was investigated. And if you have ever used EA help you know that can take a while.

MATY gets away with it as the server is not in a country that adheres to copyright guidelines. AFAIK.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#60 16-06-2012 
I was telling a friend how absolutely cool this was - IKEA for Vampires... and she had a most vivid image that got us giggling of a whole set of vampires trying to assemble a flat-pak coffin bed with an alan key and all. So now... I was wondering... I think we need an alan key, and some flat pak boxes for vampires to fiddle with! Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option