Willem
#41 11-02-2013 
Lee, I'm so sorry. You and B did everything you could to make Willem happy and comfortable. He was lucky to have you both. Heart

#42 11-02-2013 
Oh Lee, I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. I know how much you and B loved him, and there is no doubt in my mind that Willem knew it, too. He had a great life with you - and what's just as important, when it was time, you let him go in peace.

Love and hugs to you and B.
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#43 11-02-2013 
I'm so sorry to hear this, Lee. *hugs*

#44 11-02-2013 
I kept coming back to this thread and never knew what to say. While I agree with everyone so far, Nix said it best.

Heart

(um.. little? If you think Willem was little I'd hate to see what you consider a big cat. Tongue)

#45 11-02-2013 
I'm sorry to hear that, Lee. I know that Willem meant a lot to you guys. *hug*

#46 12-02-2013 
Thank you to all of you, it meant a lot to me and B to read your posts. We are of course very sad (I must stop crying soon right?) but it is for the best. He was getting less able to do things - already he could no longer jump up onto things (including B's lap) and we saw him everyday, so we did not see him deteriorate, but B's sister said he was "looking worn". Sad

We buried him in the garden, in his favourite spot, under the bushes where he could watch out for passing prey.

It is strange to get up in the morning and not have him hurrying to say "Hallo" and have his breakfast - and when we come home there is no Willem running up the hallway to greet us.

We will have to throw away all his things - we were going to give the food and bed and so on to the cat shelter, but it appears that the FIP can be passed onto other cats just by him having touched an object. He always went to his box of food/walked round all his things and rubbed his cheek on them (MINE) etc so nothing can be given to another cat as we would not wish this on anyone.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#47 12-02-2013 
Lee, you will stop crying soon, when the time is right for you. I still get a lump and tear occasionally when I think about Pepsi, and that's 6 months ago now. And yes, I can empathise with you re the greetings from him, cos I still miss mine. I know that I still have his sister, Coke, but they were such different cats.
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#48 14-02-2013 
Sorry for your loss, Lee. Although I've not met you in person, you do seem like a wonderfully remarkable and kind person. It pains me to hear that you are having to face loss right now. You no doubt have a supportive network of friends that have nothing to do with the site, sims, or gaming, but do take care and realize you have built a supportive community here, and although it is around a common interest, I do think many of us here care about the well being of one another, so feel free to discuss it whenever you need to, or not, if that is your preference.

#49 14-02-2013 
Lee, if you want to send me some pictures, and videos, I can make a tribute video, like I did for my cat, Socs.
RebaLynn1960, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Apr 2012.

#50 15-02-2013 
I'm so sorry Lee. Sad *hugs*

Sorry, that is a members only option