Willem
#21 24-07-2012 
Oh no Lee, I'm so sorry. Is this disease painful for him? Hopefully it's not and he will still live happily for years. Sad

#22 24-07-2012 
Poor Willem. Sad

#23 24-07-2012 
Lee: I hope you don't think is inappropriate, but I think we all need a happy. So- have a link to one of my very favorite sites - some of it is happy, some of it is sad.. look for the mama kitty reunited with her babies (very happy and sweet). And there are so, so many happy rescue stories that you can't help but smile.

* mustluvcatz hugs Willem (and Lee and B, too)

#24 24-07-2012 
Hugs Lee, Willem and B.

#25 24-07-2012 
mustluvcatz;15205 Wrote:Lee: I hope you don't think is inappropriate, but I think we all need a happy. So-

* mustluvcatz hugs Willem (and Lee and B, too)

I agree MLC, he isn't dead yet, and I won't behave like he is.

Good things:

It is the summer and he loves the summertime and sleeping in the garden. He is out there everyday, and if I was to find he had died sleeping in the sun that would be sad but awesome, you know?

This can go on for years - he has the worst thing - no cure, no medicine, but different cats react differently. He could live for years yet. I am not going to spend the next x years worrying he is gonna die, living IS dying, right? Enjoy the NOW - I know he does and he does not want me fussing about him.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#26 24-07-2012 
Oh my how sad. My heart goes out to you. You are so right about enjoying the now. Love him, pamper him, pet him, and just enjoy him.

We just went through a bad scare with Onny, but so far things have been going great (knock on wood)

#27 24-07-2012 
Oh I missed this post! Oh no that's horrible news Lee! I had a cat for several years, so I know how you can become attached to them. It must be very hard on you and B. Sending love and light your way and to Willem.

#28 24-07-2012 
..sleeping in the sun AND dreaming about all those birds he didn't catch..

Just figured I'd fill in the missing words for you, Lee. Smile I understand perfectly what you meant there and it would be awesome.

#29 25-07-2012 
mustluvcatz;15210 Wrote:..sleeping in the sun AND dreaming about all those birds he didn't catch..

Whaddaya mean?? He is super cat - he sees a bird and that bird is TOAST Big Grin

Even with only the one eye he is fast and alert, he was sat on his plinth jumping down on passing bugs today. He thinks the summer garden is some kind of snack bar ..........awful animal. Heart

Yes, he has a plinth. What of it???

* leefish puts cat back on his plinth
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#30 25-07-2012 
leefish;15211 Wrote:Whaddaya mean?? He is super cat - he sees a bird and that bird is TOAST Big Grin

So, what you''re actually saying is, Willem catches flying toast! VERY practical if the toaster breaks... Tongue

leefish;15211 Wrote:He thinks the summer garden is some kind of snack bar ..........

He got THAT right! A garden full of toast for Willem. I love cats just *because* they are this self-sufficient! Even though one wouldn't *think* of not feeding their own feline master, there is no worry that they'd starve to death, even if you forget about them for a day or two...

Sorry, that is a members only option