Fire Effect
#41 16-08-2012 
Wonderful. Glad you were able to get it sorted. NixNivis to the rescue. Smile
Sailfindragon, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2012.

#42 16-08-2012 
It was kind of sorted, lol. Once I added the Fry/Bake and edited it- I got the flames coming out of my sim's back! (Me thinks Nix meant for that to happen!)

I set out to figure out how to fix that, then got to thinking. The main reason I added the fire effect to the stove is that this is a medieval stove. If I'm not mistaken, something like that would have a fire all, or most, of the time. So I'd rather leave the fire like it is OR change it so it comes on when it's light out and goes out when it gets dark. Possible Nix?

There's one other thing I did- changed the grill effect by adding Value to the end. The other one was bigger and didn't really fit the stovetop.. counters tended to get a bit of flame on them. It's a bit smaller than I'd like now, but it's something I can live with. There ARE times less is more. Smile

The door animation- I can't find anything that looks like it's related to that.

#43 16-08-2012 
Yay, glad it was (sort of) sorted! Big Grin And you're very welcome, I'm just happy if I can help. And this has been fun - I don't think I ever would have had a reason to dig into the stove BHAVs like this otherwise.

And you caught me, I set you up so that you, too, would know what it's like to accidentally set fire to unsuspecting Sims. Wink Seriously, though, did you check that the target is set to Stack Object ID 0x0000 and not My Object ID? (Been there, done that... Rolleyes )

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Value grill effect is the one that the two-tile grill use. And you're right, a medieval stove would have had the fire burning all the time. (BTW, I don't think I ever said so, but I think your way of adding a run-always effect is quite nifty.) As for turning the effect on and off at a certain time... well, that depends on what you mean with "possible". Can it be done? Yeah. Can I tell you how to do it? Not right this instance, no. Sad I'd need to check up on some things first (like lamps), and then see if I can successfully transplant it to a stove. What kind of deadline are you on?

#44 16-08-2012 
I know, right? You've done more digging around in the BHAVs than I have, but I still know more about Sim stoves than I ever really needed to know. Just think: if anyone ever needs a coffin shaped musical stove.. it could be done. Smile

Stack Object ID/My Object ID. Nah. Didn't even think of that- even though you did mention something about that. Now that it's put back the way it was, I really don't want to change it. While playing around with the stove last night, I decided I'm happy with the fire burning all the time...

However- we have until the 24th to get gifts done. So if having the fire turn off at night/on in the morning could be figured out that'd be cool. I took a look at Inge's auto drapes. There are references to lit and unlit in the BHAVs, so lamps must be involved. Smile I was hoping it would be something easier. If it doesn't get figured out, that's fine.

Re "my way" of adding a run-always effect. I'm pretty sure I said it, but that's a mish-mash of Atavera's tutorial and some tips from Sophie-David. It does seem to work rather well. Smile

#45 17-08-2012 
Double posting because I want to show *off! And I need suggestions, if any are really needed.

For now, the stove is done. It might change before I send the whole set off- but it won't change the way it looks. So here is the stove, the 3 torches and a shelf- in the greys I've done. All have at least 3 recolors, mostly darker shades. The stove is slaved to Buggy's niche (I might make a non-slaved version..might.) no it's not, lol, the rest of it isn't slaved to anything. The shelf has 16 slots. *hears Nix faint* If you notice the darker ends on the shelves, that's "metal" binding them together..I just didn't get a close up of that, it looks neat though.

I keep feeling there should be something else to go with this- any ideas? Or do you think it's enough? Maybe a cupboard to match the shelves?

*I really hate showing off, believe it or not. The reason I do, believe it or not, is that I'm not really sure of myself most of the time. The main exception to that is the arches..those I loved from the very first one. Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#46 17-08-2012 
Oh wow. What an awesome set. You are right to show it off. Wonderful.
Sailfindragon, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Aug 2012.

#47 17-08-2012 
Awwww, thanks. Heart

But you didn't answer the question! Should I make something else to go with it? *bossy* <---- lol

#48 17-08-2012 
I think it needs something on the ground. I know there is already the trashbarrel from SophieDavid...how about a log basket?
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#49 17-08-2012 
That's a possibility. I'll have to snoop around over there to see what's already available.. and most likely download some stuff to take properly medieval pics when it's time. Smile

#50 17-08-2012 
Ooh, gorgeous torches! (And gorgeous stove, but I knew that already. Smile) And 16 slots?! Be still, my heart! Big Grin

Do you still want me to see if I can figure out the on by day/off by night thing (I haven't had any success so far, but now I've looked at Inge's curtain and that seems like it could be implementable. Or maybe it just looks that way inside my head - that's always possible. Tongue ) Oh! What about the poking? Do you still want Sims to be able to do that? (I've been focused on the effects, so I haven't looked too closely at that.)

A wood basket sounds like a very good idea to me. I only have piles of wood in my game (not that I've actually been looking for anything else), and it looks so... messy. We always had a basket for firewood indoors. *nods*

Sorry, that is a members only option