Back from Ireland!
#11 15-08-2012 
The stories are really good. I liked them a lot and I think there will be another soon. I hope.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#12 15-08-2012 
@Kiri, I knew there was a reason I liked you. Wink I hope you enjoy! And no, it's no coincidence that my main character is named Ivanova. Tongue (She's got more in common with Lochley, though.)

@Lee, aww, thanks! And there will indeed be another one, hopefully soonish - with emphasis on the -ish, because I have a huge uniform set and a posebox I have to finish before I can take screenshots. (There are Vulcans, you see - well, one Vulcan, anyway - and they have to have Vulcan poses, yes, they do.) And I have at one more planned after that, but these things tend to have a life of their own, so there's no doubt in my mind there will be more. Smile Stay tuned, as they say.

#13 15-08-2012 
Welcome back, and I owe some apology for not being around in the past month or so myself.

#14 15-08-2012 
rawmilk905;15662 Wrote:Welcome back, and I owe some apology for not being around in the past month or so myself.

Aww, thats ok, I hope you were away because you were doing nice fun things and nothing awful happened.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#15 15-08-2012 
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...

Hehe, welcome back!

#16 16-08-2012 
Nix - the stories were very good! I loved the interplay between mother and daughter and that common thread throughout the story. It was really touching to see Irina's great love for her daughter so badly expressed. And I loved how you tied it into her own upbringing. And Yelena's struggling on the same relationship. Lovely lovely complex and real-life characters. I was very impressed!

She is far more Lochley than Ivanova - she's a great character.

I agree with Lee - I hope there are more stories from you! Smile

Hey Rawmilk - it's great to see you again. I hope all is well with you?

Sheldrake - I agree. My cats agree, and my body agrees. I'm hoping I never have to do that again!

#17 16-08-2012 
Kiri, awwww, thank you! Blush I'm so glad you enjoyed them - I certainly enjoy writing them. "Complex and real-life characters" is what I strive for, so it makes me extra glad that you think they were. And I must admit, I really love writing Irina.

Irina and Yelena both started out as RPG characters, where Yelena was my main character and her overbearing starship captain mother just a minor one, who mostly existed for Yelena's character development. Then I got curious about how their relationship would have developed post-RPG, when they both (but mostly Yelena) had grown and matured as characters - so I wrote Mothers and Daughters. (That's why I have it as the first story in the arch, even though it isn't the first one chronologically. I would have written it a bit differently now, but it's still very dear to my heart since it was that one that started it all.) Then I felt I wanted to explore and develop Irina's character some more... and it just snowballed from there. Smile

And like I said to Lee, there will be at least two more. One of them hopefully soonish. Sleepy
[Image: nixedbuttongreen5.jpg]

#18 17-08-2012 
Good good! Let us know when they're done I'll come read them! Smile

Star Trek RPG sounds very cool. Is that still a thriving community? To be honest, I looked at the posts that you sent us to, but didn't look further.

#19 19-08-2012 
Will do. Smile Yay, another reader! Now I have two. Wink

And sadly, no. It used to be a thriving community, but it's fizzled out over the past year and a half or so. Many of the regulars, myself included, have had RL stuff to deal with and aren't as active any more, so the activity is very low over there right now, both in the forum in general and in the RPG. I hope it will pick up, though, because I really like it there.

Sorry, that is a members only option