Smooth Edges - Graphics
#91 09-03-2013 
Oddly enough, it turned out to be not the registry or any remnants in strange corners of Windows 7 but the saved game profiles that actually contained a txt file describing how to set up the resolution/GUI. I was able to get it working by just moving my saves over to a freshly made profile directory. However, the mod was so incomplete in terms of the GUI elements that were actually adapted to the screen size, I decided to remove it and just use the lower resolution.

#92 09-03-2013 
Wonderful! that sounds like a decent solution.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#93 11-04-2013 
  • Registered
Hi, I need some help creating the rules for my card. I have an Intel HD3000 card and this is what my device manager says for hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_00DB106B&REV_09
Could you tell me how i could get it to support my card? Thanks!

#94 12-04-2013 
Hi Cameronbattle,

When you look at your number there - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_00DB106B&REV_09

PCI\VEN is the Vendor number, DEV_ is your device ID which is the one you want.

So open up your video cards.sgr file, and go down to the section labelled: vendor "Intel" 0x8086
At the bottom of the list, include your card id as follows:
card 0x0126 "<The name of your card here>"

Where the Name of your card is the Name of your card.

If you post up your config-log.txt file from your game, (in Sims 2\log\ folder of your game) I can show you where you can find your information to set it up. It will also let me know what things you're having a problem with.
celebkiriedhel, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Dec 2010.
amazon wishlist because Lee said so.

#95 13-08-2013 
  • Registered
Hello folks. I got same problem as topic says. I got ATi 7950 3GB video card and I can't configure my resolution (1920 x 1080) and can't manage shadows and anti-aliasing. Can someone help me?

#96 14-08-2013 
Hi Shaidon,

Yeah - can you post up your config-log.txt and we'll have a look at what the problem is before we give a solution.

#97 14-08-2013 
hey Kiri, I am having an Issue getting this. I tried eefje's method and My game stopped reverting to 800x600 (I also listed my graphics card in). Everywhere else is where my brain seems to go kaput, I am running an Intel Card. What do I need to pass in or know so I can fix my game because before this strange update thing, My game was running good and I had Smooth edges and a refresh rate and my hoods looked good.

#98 14-08-2013 
  • Registered
Yo Kiri,

Sure. Just tell me how to do that?

Edit: Found it.

Attached File(s)
.txt  ALEX-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.35 KB / Downloads: 431)

#99 14-08-2013 
Hi Shaidon - you have the texture memory problem.

Seeing as you have a Radeon 7900, you can use my graphics rules card with no problem.

Download Graphics Rules card

OK - how to install it.

Go into your game folders in your programs (not in the my documents). There are two folders there -
\\My Programs\EA Games\Mansion and Gardens Stuff\TSData\Res\Config\
\\My Programs\EA Games\Mansion and Gardens Stuff\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

In that folder they have 2 files graphics rules.sgr and video cards.sgr. Save your old versions somewhere safe, just in case you need them.
Then put these files into those folders, and start up the game - it should fix the problem, and let you change the screen resolution, and turn anti-aliasing on.

Levini - Could you post up your -Config-log.txt?
You can find it in your game folders, in the folder called logs. (It will have the name of your PC as the first word).
My guess is that it's probably going to be the texture memory, but the log will tell us for sure.

#100 14-08-2013 
  • Registered
Hey Kiri, thanks for sharing, it's almost fine. I can configure now my anti-aliasing settings but still I can't find my resolution (1920x1080) and I can't configure shadows settings (gray).

Edit: I modified graphics rules file for my resolution and shadows are on high now. Thanks for help. Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2013 05:45 PM by Shaidon.)

Sorry, that is a members only option