Smooth Edges - Graphics
#101 14-08-2013 
You're not going to find your screen resolution, because the maximum screen resolution for high resolution graphics is 1600x1200.
My suggestion is pick one that is close - 1440x900 or 1336x768, and go full screen with that. Alternatively, pick the largest one and go windowed.
Sorry - thats about my best guess.

We can try changing it in the Graphic Rules.sgr, but my GUESS is that it will break things, because it will need game code to match.

Shadows greyed out, and set to high, is a side-product of being in the high-resolution. That's what mine is like as well.
If you want to change the shadows to a lower setting, you can - How you do that:

Go into your game folder, into the Config folder for your game. You will see a number of things including a file called
userProps.xml.

Open that up, and look for
<AnyUint32 type="0xeb61e4f7" key="optionShadows">3</AnyUint32>

Change the 3, to 1 or 2 depending on whether you want low or medium definition shadows.

#102 14-08-2013 
Here you go Smile I dunno if this is the latest one but this is my Config log

.txt  ALPHAWOLFCOMP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.32 KB / Downloads: 460)

#103 15-08-2013 
Hi Levini,
The good news is that this is re-created every time you open up the game, so if you've opened the game recently it will be the latest. Smile

I'm going to have to work through your graphics rules.sgr to see what the problem is. My guess is that it's got something to do with build number, because everything else looks sweet.

I'll get back to you in a day or so.

#104 15-08-2013 
Ok. I will Keep a hopeful paitence Smile Thank you for being a great help, without you I would have been so lost and confuzzled to all heck Tongue

#105 27-08-2013 
Hello celeb, i realy hate it to disturb u (i guess u hear that plenty times), but i have the same problem like the most ppls here have/had.
Using Win7 and a HD 5970 i tried to play Sims2 after a long break again and the resolution is down to 800*600, no shadows, no smooth edges.
Using a 27' monitor it looks a little bit like a game back in 2000.
Some months ago i started it just for fun to find out if it still runs on a highend pc and had no problems at all, so i guess it was realy one of these last Win7 updates.
Same problem my wife has on her computer (Win7 and HD 6800), well, she can deal it more or less, i cant and was searching for hours for a solution, so i found this forum.
Long story short, i tried to modify the *.srg files by myself and failed, maybe u can help out ?
Would be great cuz i realy like Sims2,- ive got Sims3 too..but dont like it very much.

Greetings from germany Smile

#106 28-08-2013 
Hi Aragon, Probably the easiest way for both you and your wife to fix this is to install my copy as you have a Radeon card as well.

Download Graphics Card

To Install, go to your program files folder:

\The Sims 2\<Whatever is your most recent expansion M&G if you have it>\TSData\Res\Config\
and
\The Sims 2\<recent expansion>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

Save your originals somewhere else.

Then unzip this rar. That should fix it. Let me know how you go.

#107 28-08-2013 
Excellent, all is fine now, resolution, shadows, edges, like it should be. Smile
My family, living in an abandoned factoy, is back in business. lol
Thanx, u made my day, i gonna fix my wife's sims now.

[Image: sims2.jpg]

Again, thank you very much for ur help !

#108 28-08-2013 
That is a fabulous factory! Smile

#109 28-08-2013 
lol, awesome abandoned factory..will you put it in download on leefish.nl? :x

#110 28-08-2013 
That is a really cool lot Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option