Things that happen in your game that are odd or funny.
#21 25-08-2013 
I didn't know it was odd until fansee told me so, but my sim brings groceries home with him when he gets home from work. Gets out of car - has a basket of groceries and then goes and puts them in the fridge. Very cute and useful too.

#22 12-09-2013 
I was playing one of my businesses today, and my sim at the register was bumbling along in that infuriating way they have when the waiting sim looked at me and pulled this face as if to say "Did YOU think this shmuck was a good choice for a business?"

Even my sims are laughing at my business "skills" Big Grin

#23 12-09-2013 
I love when sims break the fourth wall!

(25-08-2013 03:03 PM)leefish Wrote:  I didn't know it was odd until fansee told me so, but my sim brings groceries home with him when he gets home from work. Gets out of car - has a basket of groceries and then goes and puts them in the fridge. Very cute and useful too.

Do you have an unintentional mod installed? Because I really want my sims to do the same thing!

#24 12-09-2013 
No - it isn't a mod - I have my grocery as an owned community lot, so when my sim is running the shop then if one of the playables comes in and buys groceries, then the next time you play them and send them off lot when they return to the lot they will bring the groceries with them Big Grin

#25 12-09-2013 
Thank you! So this will be for my 2nd and 3rd gen sims to do (I had to restart my game after I blew up my HD, so I'm back to playing 1st gens and they are only allowed Maxis careers). I've never owned a grocery store before, but I will definitely set one up now. The real challenge now is choosing who will run it...

#26 12-09-2013 
Yea, fansee figured out as she was intrigued by this hyper-cute behavior. It also totally suited Arno as he is the nicest sim in the world - being a Master Criminal is just his job.

#27 12-09-2013 
Yeah, when Lee mentioned the groceries I was boggled. Kept asking her how the heck she managed to make that happen! Eventually we figured it out.

I guess.... would this count as something odd? My sim was caught cheating in uni. He was trying to hack his grades. A cop arrived to admonish and fine him, but instead of taking money she confiscated his computer with a repo gun. I'm pretty sure he had enough money in his account for her to just deduct the $450 fine. The computer was dorm property, and it cost him $1000 to replace! Cheating doesn't pay. (Unless you're his girlfriend who got away with it no problemo.)

#28 08-10-2013 
Egads a double post. I'm not sure how unusual this is but it's never happened to me before so....

I built a community wedding venue for my sims. It has a lovely ceremony room and huge reception hall with buffet, cake, bar, chocolate fountain, champagne, DJ booth - the works. So I send an engaged couple there to get hitched. Which they do. Then their honeymoon van arrives before they even set foot inside the reception room. Okay FINE then. Hmph. The eager newlyweds get in the van.... and so do the bride's mom, dad, stepdad, grandpa, and aunt. Four of whom are vampires. They all arrive at Twikki island on a sunny morning. The vampires flee. The mom sticks around and sings sea chantys with her daughter while the groom checks them into the honeymoon suite. Slap
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2013 04:16 AM by fanseelamb.)

#29 08-10-2013 
lol why? This is what happens when you try and get fancy. I guess what would be handy is a delay on the honeymoon. The scenario is really designed to hold a wedding party (at home) and then get the party to rockin' and then get married. Getting married first (like one DOES before holding a reception) is not a good plan in sims.

#30 08-10-2013 
But you can't cut the cake until after you get married! Or make toasts, right? It makes no sense! Guess you should just not use the BV honeymoon vacation option if you want a big wedding. Maybe it's good for a quick exchange of rings with no fanfare. I really wanted to see 'em cut the cake. And sit and eat at all those tables. It was also really hard to wrangle the extended family onto the community lot in the first place. Sims kept leaving before the ceremony started or wouldn't show up when invited... eventually I made a group outing for the immediate family and teleported the rest in with a mod. Most didn't even make it to their seats for the ceremony. At-home weddings are definitely the way to go. WITHOUT pre-booked honeymoons!

Sorry, that is a members only option