Things that happen in your game that are odd or funny.
#31 08-10-2013 
Yea, see, I really failed on one of my weddings - I had a party at home - then made it a group outing - then off to the office, up to arch, married, reception. Outing score was top and my sims got some skills. BUT the wedding party is the MEMORY - and by the time I had wrangled em all to the lot and got married had no time to get them home again so the actual party was classed as lousy. Sad

#32 08-10-2013 
(12-09-2013 11:56 AM)leefish Wrote:  No - it isn't a mod - I have my grocery as an owned community lot, so when my sim is running the shop then if one of the playables comes in and buys groceries, then the next time you play them and send them off lot when they return to the lot they will bring the groceries with them Big Grin

Normally, when you take a sim shopping for groceries, the groceries will be put in inventory once they have been payed for. So that sim will not be walking around with the basket in hand all the time. But when they come home, a routine checks if they have grocery baskets in inventory. If so, one will be taken out and carried to the fridge automatically. What you do when you send a sim off lot after it has been shopping autonomously, is simply "triggering the same mechanism".

If the sim has been shopping autonomously, that basket is in their inventory when you start playing that lot. If you check their inventory, you'll find it. You can take it out, put it on a counter (or a table, the floor, etc) and then click it and tell the sim to put it away, or to stock the fridge. They will then put it in the fridge. Smile

#33 10-10-2013 
Can you even have a functional owned grocery that isn't a home lot? I was having all myu owned businesses belong to one family and also having them all be community lots so they could live in the apartment building with the other playables. And I gave the Darlings a grocery store but the regular grocery store items don't seem to function. Is this a glitch of my own? Is there a solution? I want my sims to go to the Darlings' Jiffy Robot store for groceries too!

#34 10-10-2013 
Sounds like you have a cc problem as yes you can have a functional grocery store.

#35 10-10-2013 
But can it be an owned cvommunity lot or just a home business?

#36 10-10-2013 
I run my grocery as an owned community lot. I have one sim who owns it and then once they buy the lot I send them there to do all the pricing of the items for sale. Then all the groceries etc are buyable when other sims visit the lot.

#37 10-10-2013 
You can do both. But home lots aren't the best as then you can't send your sim to them. Well maybe with a mod you might I'm unsure on that. I do exactly what lee does.

#38 10-10-2013 
Everyone here is right, Ritaxis: I've played grocery stores in owned comm lots without a problem.
But there is the grocery store, and then there is the grocery store. In one, you just place the store units from OFB, and start selling grocery baskets. In the other, you sell the home-grown produce from your green house.

Selling produce is not difficult at all, but selling baskets is a bit trickier: you can't just buy those vending machines and be ready. There is some step you must perform after they've been placed, and I don't remember how that worked. In effect you have to make them 'buyable' and set the price for a food unit.

#39 10-10-2013 
Thank you everybody, especially Boiling Oil, because I th8ink you've explained why my grocery store didn't work. No to hunt down what I meissed doing. Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Somethign that happens in my game is that my Sims have deeply-held disagfreements with me as to where they ought to sleep, even in college dorms. Some are so stubboprn that they will not go to bed when I tell them to, no matter how sleepy they are, if someone is sleeping in the bed that they think is theirs (and which is manifestly not theirs, because it lies behind a dorm door with someone else's face on it!).

They usually win -- I end up maxing their motives just to avoid disaster.

#40 11-10-2013 
Yea, I had that recently with a sim - he just could not get in his room. I have no idea why, but I sent him off to join a Greek house.

Later I realised that AFTER I had given him his room I had bought him a new bed. No idea if that caused it, but now I don't mess with the beds.

Sorry, that is a members only option