Sims4
#31 17-08-2013 
If build/buy is really just plopping down presets, I REALLY don't want to buy the game...

#32 17-08-2013 
Me neither!
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#33 17-08-2013 
I think it will still be possible to build whatever you want, just in a different way. I mean they know that a HUGE portion of players love to build, so removing that option would be shooting themselves in the foot. But who knows... maybe that's what they're gonna do.

#34 17-08-2013 
I do hope not, fansee, they're good at shooting themselves in the foot! Removing the CASt, the only good bit of Sims 3, (in my opinion) is not a good idea either.

#35 17-08-2013 
The hair was just an observation off the top of my head..but yeah..my biggest thing is the building. But I am not 'too' worried...I have the impression the plopping is just an added feature.

#36 18-08-2013 
Good news; there's a Danish game magazine that clarified a few things:

"The Build mode is also clarified a bit. It is still possible to build a home wall by wall like in the previous games. But once you make a room, you can grab the entire room, furniture and all, and move it around like one big object. That's what the highlight lines on the screenshots mean. "Grab entire room." --McNum

McNum summed up the differences/new information (like a different sound system) for us at MTS.

#37 18-08-2013 
I'm going to be totally bummed if EA plans on making me buy all of my favorite parts of TS1 and TS2 via expansion packs, because that will mean no matter how great the game looks, I won't be in the new generation of simmers. I loved Showtime for TS3 and I'm not even a TS3 fan, but I was waiting and waiting for TS2 to incorporate Superstar and it never happened, so when it came out in TS3 I finally caved in and bought it. I also like World Adventures, but I couldn't ever find myself liking the actual sims so I only played through Showtime once and have since been trying to port the songs to TS2 ; ) Likewise I was waiting for EA to incorporate OFB into TS3 and it now they've already moved on to TS4.

If it weren't so expensive (well, for me at least) I'd jump on TS4 and buy it bit by bit because it looks pretty awesome, but I just don't think I can afford to repurchase (most likely at a higher price) bits and pieces of all the games I already have.

I will say, however, I wish they would leave Supernatural as an expansion pack and not include it in the rollout of the TS4 base game. I hate horror and I especially hate zombies and I don't want zombies in my game. I bought Supernatural because I read it could control the vampire population (my town was overrun with stupid vampires and it really creeped me out) but not only did it not fix my vampire issue (I'm assuming was a bug because I never played with vampires and had progression turned off) but everyone was turning into zombies at night. I uninstalled it immediately. Bleh, sorry, I could rant about TS3 all day. Anyway, since it's going to be in the base game, I wonder if there will be a way to keep monsters out of your game without a hack.

#38 18-08-2013 
I'm with you on that one Nanashi. I don't play any of the supernaturals. All of my sims have vampires as a 'turn-off' (sorry Fansee).

#39 18-08-2013 
I play supernaturals and I love having them in my games. the Fairies in TS3 were awesome (well... Except the wing options, those were kinda meh)

One thing I really hope for is that EAxis Learns from Katy Perry's Sweet Treats and does not do something stupid like that again. I mean, it was a decent SP if you liked candyland themes and such, but I think it was not enough to be an SP compared to other SPs in the lineup. I think it would have done better as a store set. I also believe that if you are going to go for a celebrity sponsor, go for one that everyone likes/can agree on.

#40 18-08-2013 
@nanashi - where did it say that zombies and so on will be in the Basegame?

I agree that Sims is a very expensive hobby - even more so since EA are now happily chopping all the EPs in half (except Pets - that just broke your PC in half) and essentially selling them twice with all the nicest things being store only and requiring the EP they should have been in.

I stopped playing TS3 because I was bored with it and because I don't have that kind of money to waste on a game. Even if I did have that kind of money I still wouldn't waste it like that.

Sorry, that is a members only option