Sims4
#61 21-08-2013 
Sims Camp Master Classes were held today. One on CAS by SimGuruJil and the other on Emotions by SimGuruGrant. Lots of little things were revealed but really what stood out to me is how much of the game isn't done yet. I'm sure an enterprising person is going to write this all up but you can follow the twitter feed yourself to see what was actually said.

And some pics of a terrible UI that they know is terrible because several people pointed out it would be changing.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

#62 21-08-2013 
Not liking the bloom on that first pic. This implies sims3 style lighting....

#63 21-08-2013 
Yeah, that's one of the things I'm hoping is going to change -- like blurry grass. Ick. No one seems to like the bloom though and they seem to be paying attention to what we're saying so maybe.

#64 21-08-2013 
Hmm... I don't really care much for the emotions text. I have to say that I *do* like that he looks unhappy, but I don't like it spelled out for me. I prefer to watch my sims... not read them! Meh, I hope they aren't supposed to be a substitution for needs.

#65 21-08-2013 
The second video from Fansee is nicer. But lets wait and see. I STILL have not forgiven them for the crushing disappointment Sims3 turned out to be.

#66 22-08-2013 
I think TS4 sims look much better than TS3 sims, but still not nearly as good as TS2 sims, which are probably the best looking characters I've seen in any game to date. As for all other issues, lighting, gameplay, always online or hardware destroying DRM, etc... I agree with leefish that we will have to wait and see. I am highly reluctant to ever purchase anything from EA again, unless it ends up on GOG.com.

#67 22-08-2013 
I totally agree with you. The Sims 2 are beautiful. I never cared for the plastic round faces in Sims 3 characters, and I am really excited that Sims 4 characters are more expressive.

The question about an online connection has already been answered here

Quote:9. Will The Sims 4 require a persistent online connection?
You will not require a persistent online connection to play The Sims 4.

I'm pretty sure they are going to use SecureRom. It's the lighting and gameplay that will probably remain a mystery until the release date.

Ironically, I've always spent a lot of my downloading time to finding ways to nullify EA gameplay in order to actually enjoy my game. *lol* I love the Sims!

#68 22-08-2013 
With my old PC I could not even see well facial expressions Big Grin I don't see it right now with the sims 3, imagine with the 4 Big Grin

I will miss the usual player bar blue (where there are Sims, the bars of hunger, etc.), they have distorted it..

#69 24-08-2013 
Not too bothered by the graphics in general - they are realistic enough to be plausible. The exaggerated facial expressions may grate on me like the TS2 ones did - to the last day I was trying to find how to mod the expressions to tone them down and only partially succeeded.

I do want my sims to be emotionally affected by decisions I make, but I am a little afraid their emotions are going to be as superficially bolted on as the ts3 trait system. A guru did actually say the emotions would be like temporary traits. Apparently feeling a particular way will lock out some interactions and open others. At least one example I have seen is just like "take confident shower" which is probably nothing more than a change of text like the TS3 way.

I still think TS1 made the best attempt at proper autonomous AI. In that game, most of the interactions were available all the time, but would be less likely to be chosen by the sim under certain moods. The player could still make them do it, but the outcome would be different according to how unsuitable it was at the time. TS2 did similar but instead of affecting the outcome, it simply made them pull a silly resentful face at you before going off and doing the task perfectly well as usual.

#70 24-08-2013 
Scooted over to your chat to have a moan about Sims4 Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option