Sims4
#71 25-08-2013 
I like when my second generation sims get annoyed with my directions. I also like the way my sims 2 moved based on their emotions and personalities. I never got to see that in sims 3. I liked the moodlets, because it was as if the sims could have bon voyage moodlet rewards 24/7, but I felt that they were used to substitute real emotions. Which is why the text in sims 4 is off-putting. Also, that comment about a 'confident shower'... ugh! I would rather see the emotions being played out in practical settings. Like if I command a sim to flirt who is feeling insecure and they either refuse or bungle it up because of the insecurity.

Lee is it safe to say that sims 4 will not have the nuanced (i.e., leveled ticks) personalities like sims 2 but will have a combination of assigned traits like sims 3?

#72 25-08-2013 
@nanashi , it looks like its traits and then some kind of environmentally induced emotions. Traits pretty much replace the nice/grumpy etc we know from TS2.

#73 27-08-2013 
Well apparently they are not going to be putting weather into the base game. Any hopes I had that base game would actually cover all the basics has gone. It's like here we go again, repackaging the same stuff, which probably means the same kind of EP's coming out. It's like redoing the laundry.

#74 28-08-2013 
And paying more for it as you go. I really hope they try to include cast, though it is less smart from an add-on sales perspective if they do. Smarter from the perspective of what do consumers want, but that is not the EA priority.

#75 29-08-2013 
Lots of interesting stuff has come out in the last day. EA fired their Sims PR guy, they're developing an in game auction house system and there's a chance for a TSR style business plan to go along with it and an interesting interview with Ryan Vaughan -- where he doesn't sound like an idiot -- and he describes the memory system. Apparently you can assign an emotion to your custom memories so when your sim is looking back they should have an appropriate reaction to it.

My tumblr has turned into a mini Sims 4 new room so I tagged up everything and assigned a link to it if you want to read more about any of that.

#76 29-08-2013 
Thanks Honeywell, starting to get a little excited now Smile
Karen Lorraine, proud to be a member of LeeFish since Jan 2012.

#77 29-08-2013 
Whao - thanks for that video Honeywell. Looks interesting indeed. Give us a bodyshop and a homecrafter and I will live without CASt. Big Grin

#78 29-08-2013 
And there's more. They added easter eggs to The Arrival launch video -- there's 24 -- but I only found 5 before it wasn't fun anymore. lol I'll wait for someone else to recap them all for me on this one I think. Anyway, it looks like their new PR person must be keen to do a good job and is showing off -- can hardly keep up with it all.

#79 29-08-2013 
no rain, no pets Sad

#80 29-08-2013 
That's PAW. Someone at MTS coined that from no pets and weather. It still makes me laugh. Big Grin

Sorry, that is a members only option