Sims4
#81 29-08-2013 
I'm concerned about the lack of CaST. As a builder, I rely on that not just for colors, but textures. Wood vs. paint vs. fabric vs. leather, it makes a big difference.

#82 29-08-2013 
Well, I really did not expect pets and full seasons. But rain and toy dogs like in AL, maybe.

#83 30-08-2013 
Whoa, they fired the PR guy?!

#84 30-08-2013 
(30-08-2013 12:31 PM)nanashi Wrote:  Whoa, they fired the PR guy?!

Well, they gave him the opportunity to explore new options Big Grin

#85 02-09-2013 
Really? They would have done better by firing the CEO.

#86 02-09-2013 
(02-09-2013 09:37 AM)joandsarah Wrote:  Really? They would have done better by firing the CEO.

Well, they DID. Big Grin

#87 02-09-2013 
What was the cause of all the head-rolling? Was it due to TS3 or the preliminary design of TS4?

#88 02-09-2013 
(18-08-2013 02:41 PM)nanashi Wrote:  I'm going to be totally bummed if EA plans on making me buy all of my favorite parts of TS1 and TS2 via expansion packs, because that will mean no matter how great the game looks, I won't be in the new generation of simmers. I loved Showtime for TS3 and I'm not even a TS3 fan, but I was waiting and waiting for TS2 to incorporate Superstar and it never happened, so when it came out in TS3 I finally caved in and bought it. I also like World Adventures, but I couldn't ever find myself liking the actual sims so I only played through Showtime once and have since been trying to port the songs to TS2 ; ) Likewise I was waiting for EA to incorporate OFB into TS3 and it now they've already moved on to TS4.
"Superstar" elements did appear in Apartment Life in scaled down form, much the way that magic was greatly scaled down from what it was in Makin' Magic, but the celebrity theme was just dropped (thankfully to my taste.) The reputation system in Apartment Life works as fame did in Superstar, and the microphone object was added to performance objects like drums, pianos, guitars, basses, and karaoke machines which already existed in other EPs. One thing I did miss from the TS1 EPs were the carnival games that came with Vacation which I actually preferred to use in Magic Town.

If you want an old Hollywood kind of look try the deco sets from M&G and the Store, and TS2 conversions of the Jazz Age set from TS3. Honeywell also has some photo backdrop objects and there are studio lights extracted by Numenor over at MTS.

#89 02-09-2013 
Thanks for the CC tips! I am always on the lookout for new celebrity related items, and I am a huge fan of 3t2 conversions. I've got Honeywell's amazing photo backdrop objects and I use those for my model sims. I'm currently using misty fluff's movie studio lot for my actor sims. I also use ATS' recording studio and sims2workshop hacks for my rock star sims; it's kind of funny watching my TS2 sims record TS3 albums. I never played any of the features from Makin' Magic.

Actually, I can't figure out how reputation works. You get a good reputation and a free meal ticket if you go on two dates with your sim partner or socialize to get the required number of friends needed for a job promotion. If you didn't set your game up for a monastery storyline, then pretty much that means all of your playable sims reputations will go up without trying. Is there supposed to be a challenge of sorts that I'm missing in my gameplay? My game is pretty heavily modded so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

#90 03-09-2013 
Well, here is the wikia page on reputation.

Sorry, that is a members only option