Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#501 26-07-2014 
  • Registered
all i have is file that says log.settings i try to upload my config file but it wont. im not the best at this stuff so if u could tell me what to do to get my file on here that would be great. i know you wont be on line for a while so i understand that i have to wait a while. so i will try to get my file on here.

#502 26-07-2014 
@tori.crusan at the bottom of the page you should see a button called full editor. Click that. Then add the file. Alternatively you can edit the post. You will see something like the picture below

[Image: 59527_140726105301sigh.jpg]

#503 26-07-2014 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel, deleted my cache files and it would just get stuck on the loading screen, then crashes. & I have no custom content. I haven't had a chance to get pass create-a-sim.
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2014 08:31 PM by laurenlu12lu.)

#504 26-07-2014 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel

Thanks for your answer!!!
The language on the game is English, the same on my Windows and my Origin account....
I did install the Graphic Rules for the Intel Card, and I did it again this morning as I saw that you uploaded a new files.
But nothing seems to work... I check the option in game and I smooth the edges is not enable... , and the game seems to be freezing, but I crashes when entering in a family or when you try to customize a Sims.

I wanted to try also the TM fix. But windows cannot find the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
I also read a lot on the EA Forums (running as administrator, running on other windows compatibility...)
I'm pretty sure that the problem is with the graphic card. I have an asus laptop, with Intel Core i7, Intel HD 4000...
But I'm not able to make it work....
If Sims3 would work I'm willing to buy them... but I'm just afraid that they won't work and I will waste the money.

THank you

#505 26-07-2014 
  • Registered
@celebkiriedhel
Thank you! Not only did it fix my graphics, but it stopped my game from crashing. You are like a sims 2 angel. Tongue THANKS.

#506 26-07-2014 
  • Registered
Good evening to everyone, I found this forum while trying to find some solutions to my sims 2 problems.

So heres the deal, when any sim or dog digs on the ground, 4 plots of land become skybox, empty and unfixable, any ideas how can I fix it?

(also have the same deal of square shadow boxes)

My graphics card is AMD Radeon 7600m, 8 gigs of ram in comp.

Thank yous for all the useful information around folks.

Becker.

PS; I couldnt upload the original graphics file so I made it a normal text file to upload here.
PSS; Took a screenshot, dont know why I forgot to upload it as well. http://imgur.com/Ac5hhX7

Attached File(s)
.txt  Dem graphics rules and shiz.txt (Size: 33.44 KB / Downloads: 287)

#507 26-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi!

I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in the Origin, but my new laptop have Windows 8.1 64bits and the game doesn't run well.
The graphic issues are fixed. But the game runs so slower... and in my old computer that have Windows 7 and a very old graphic integrated card, the game runs perfectly..

My laptop requirements: Windows 8.1 64bits; 6GB Ram; Core i5 4200U; Geforce GT 720m and Intel HD 4000.

I was having only flickering graphic issues. After fix this, the game runs now so slow.. whats the problem? Even putting in Windows 7 compatibility mode, running with administrator permissions and decreasing the graphical quality, keeps slow yet..

----------
EDIT: Guys, I think i figured out what it was. I turned off shadows, reflections, and put the lighting in medium and the problem abated somewhat.

Attached File(s)
.txt  My-config-log.txt (Size: 10.32 KB / Downloads: 292)
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2014 08:25 PM by Gameup.)

#508 26-07-2014 
Yes, I placed the INTEL MED file in both locations. Also, about the flickering, my very first problem was that smooth edges was DISABLED. I can't adjust it. It's grayed out! Now, my game is worse, jumping between low res and hi res and my sims totally disappear. AND now I only have the 800x600 resolution.

#509 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
(26-07-2014 04:55 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  @DJames - are you using the Ultimate Collection or the original version? You place the graphic rules in the following folders, after saving the original 'graphic rules.sgr'

For the original game - In the Program Folders

\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Gardens\TSData\Res\Config\
\EA\The Sims 2 - Mansion and Gardens\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

For the Ultimate collection - the folder selection is:

\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\
\Origin Games\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CsConfig\

Once you've done that - go into the game, and then attach the new config-log.txt.
I'm using the Ultimate collection. I changed the graphic rules and ran the game. Here's the log.

Attached File(s)
.txt  DIVA-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.42 KB / Downloads: 287)
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 07:34 AM by BoilingOil.)

#510 27-07-2014 
  • Registered
Hi,

This thread helped me a lot! But I have one issue yet: stuttering.
If I play with single core processor enabled, it doesn't change the situation.
I saw Kiri's post saying we need to change Smooth Edges to max settings. I did that, but it didn't solve the problem.
Also, there's no visual difference between min and max settings in the Smooth Edges section. Maybe the AA isn't working right?
In Catalyst I've already changed the anti-aliasing setting to Application Preference.
I'm running the game on Windows 8.1 with AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series.
I attached my logs and DxDiag, if it helps.

Thanks!

Attached File(s)
.txt  Rafael DxDiag.txt (Size: 64.42 KB / Downloads: 1207)
.txt  Rafael Graphics Rules.txt.txt (Size: 33.44 KB / Downloads: 298)
.txt  Rafael Video Cards.txt (Size: 26.72 KB / Downloads: 348)
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 05:40 PM by RafaelM.)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option