Sims4 rants and raves
#131 08-07-2014 
Livestream CAS Demo going on right now: http://www.twitch.tv/mysimsaddiction Big Grin

#132 08-07-2014 
oooh Big Grin Origin - I dunno. Its the way to get the game, EA is probably spying on my PC right now.

#133 08-07-2014 
I got Origin a couple weeks ago because I really wanted Sim City 2013 since they introduced offline sandbox mode. I am a wee bit disappointed with some aspects of the game (no terraforming at all, for example, and no agrarian possibilities) but I'm enjoying the rest of it. Anyway, so far Origin doesn't interfere with anything but shutting down the computer -- I always have to agree to force it to shut down. I tried to tell Origin not to initiate unless I told it to, but that seems not to have taken and it does want to be running a lot of the time, though it seems to be pretty polite about it.

As for the spying -- they do that. It's a thing that needs to be fought at a higher level, I think.

#134 09-07-2014 
Fansee, I thought you might be interested in this tweet about saving your Sims. You can probably save them.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/...1047365632

#135 09-07-2014 
(07-07-2014 09:16 PM)fanseelamb Wrote:  Apparently we'll be able to upload CAS Demo sims to the gallery to save them for playing with in the full game (source). I sure hope we can also save them on our own computer without having to upload to the Gallery. I don't wanna have to share my sim with the entire world just to be able to save it. Confused

Absolutely! I feel the same way--especially with this being a new game and a first time to explore it. I hope that EA is not doing this just because it wants testers to build their gallery in the guise of beta-testing and then advertise that all simmers delight in sharing their sims. Dodgy

#136 09-07-2014 
:-| We need to hear some bonuses with the sims 4, all i hear is what is no longer in it...

#137 17-07-2014 
Pre-Order (rave???)

Okay, trying again. Just re-ordered my pre-order for the Origin (US) digital download of TS4. I know a lot of folks are like "meh" right now, but I am still excited about this game. I watched the Let's Play for the CAS and the sims are just as beautiful as they were when this game was first advertised. I even found that I liked some of the walks that annoyed me originally in the promotional videos. I don't care for the idea of EA dragging moodlets over, I am hoping that they will be superfluous because EA keeps stressing that we will be able to see how the sims feel instead of having to rely on the GUI. I actually like the sub-traits and think that if AI isn't over the top, this will really make for fun storytelling. (so looking forward to recreating my TS2 sims!!!)

As far as how the sims render in game, I will state that I do not like the TS3 sims even in CAS, and since I don't care for realism and prefer maxis match CC, the way the sims looks is the deal breaker for me. I hope that toddlers and teen heights will come in a generations pack and pray that maxis will add a new life stage (middle age) where sims go grey or start to bald but don't automatically age up to elder (which to me looks like they are in their 60's, 70's, and 80's). I am confident that the generations pack is going to be very cool because EA knows what kind of flack they will get if they try to sell "OMG Toddlers!!!"

Anyway, I look forward to the next six weeks flying by quickly! From what I've seen thus far, TS4 still looks like a TS2 upgrade rather than an entirely different game which totally works for me. EA had me at the first promo picture, and since I have never pre-ordered a Sims game before, I don't really feel like the "sucker" everyone is saying pre-order fans are. I will be waiting for sale prices for all of the future TS4 expansion packs. Speaking of which, all TS3 games are only 5-10 bucks on Origin right now. Including the base game with bundled expansion packs. I am thinking about buying Into the Future because I like the quest plot of World Adventures and think that ItF has the same plot driven game play. If anyone has ItF and this isn't the case, please disabuse of me this notion before I waste my money!

Oh, for my famous last words: I do not foresee myself giving up TS2 for TS4. <-- I look forward to EA turning me into a liar and will be disappointed if they don't Big Grin

I just hope that I have the willpower to not to let the combination of TS2 and TS4 interfere with my grad studies... must.... resist!

#138 17-07-2014 
Nanashi, I wouldn't say that a person is a sucker if they're excited for the new game. I go back and forth every time I think about it myself. There are a lot of cool features, and some things that really disappoint me, and I can't figure out which is more im portant to me. But since I have to be really careful with money I tend not buy things unless I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of them. And then there's the factor where I tend to wait until the hotshot modders have paved the way for the rest of us. Over at MTS Inge Jones was announcing that she'd modded the demo already! It was a minor thing -- she got it to skip the intro video. But it was a thing!

#139 17-07-2014 
That Inge Jones was chosen to receive the demo makes me wonder about the whole "random" selection. EA smartly dealt out the demo to the simmers they knew would sell the game. I was on the fence about reordering (I had to cancel the preorder I made in August last year due to moving from Japan to the US and no longer being able to access my Japanese Origin --I was supposed to have the game already before the move) but after watching another "lucky" simmer who happens to have thousands of youtube followers and views and who is very skilled at what she does do a Let's Play with the demo. Methinks this lottery was done the Socratic way *lol* But no complaints here! I'm glad able, active, and vocal simmers are the ones who are test driving the demo Smile

#140 17-07-2014 
My issue with a Generation pack is paying for toddlers when they should have been in the base game. $88 AUD for a base and possible another $70 for an EP to get toddlers is outrageous. That's my biggest beef about toddlers not being in the base game, not that I don't think EA will put them in and maybe even make them better. It just sticks in my craw that I would have to pay twice to gain a basic feature. I'm looking forward to all the Let's Play's though.

Sorry, that is a members only option