Leanne - my cat - update
#21 08-02-2015 
...praying too. {{{hugs}}} Heart

#22 08-02-2015 
*hugs*

#23 08-02-2015 
Sad

I truly hope that the time in the hospital will help her.

Thinking of you both.

#24 08-02-2015 
I always wondered why suffering exists. Sad

* poisson sends his love to Leanne and Kiri.

#25 09-02-2015 
She's alert, grumpy and eating this morning. They want to keep her in an extra night for rehydration - but that's an improvement. Smile

#26 09-02-2015 
Great news Kiri! Do they know why she stopped drinking and eating again?

#27 09-02-2015 
No not yet. They've done bloods and urine, and they're going to do it again tomorrow and compare. I took her meds into them this afternoon, and they said she was doing ok. That they want to keep her on the drip for another night means that she's not eating enough yet.

But if the reason is about not taking her meds.... I will be very, very cross with her.

#28 09-02-2015 
Cats have indeed been known to recognize when they're being 'drugged'. And they can be quite forceful in their intent NOT to allow it to happen.

I was forced at one time to make my darling Pooky take a medicine. She was very picky and always utterly suspicious of anything that didn't look or smell *exactly* like her food usually did; if she found something suspicious, she would not touch it. So putting her meds in her food dish was not an option. So I had to force-feed her the tablet... The first time was quite a battle, which I won... barely!!! Every next time was harder! After three days of that, she came to dislike me quite a bit, and it took several weeks for the relationship to be repaired. Sad

#29 09-02-2015 
This is why dogs are better Tongue Most, not all but most, dogs will eat anything if you stick it in a hotdog, lol. So glad she's doing better though!

#30 09-02-2015 
I have had to force-feed my cats in the past, but they usually love me again afterwards, I don't enjoy doing it, but sometimes it's the best way and it's in their best interests.

Sorry, that is a members only option