Leanne - my cat - update
#81 18-03-2015 
Oh Kiri, I am so very sorry, but, you know you did the best for her - I always think it's the last loving thing that we can do for our pets. You know I will be thinking and praying for you, love and hugs, Karen

#82 18-03-2015 
I agree with Karen. It's so very hard to let them go, but to me, to be able to let them go when they are ready, even if you (general "you") are not, is what makes a truly good pet mum/dad. And Kiri, you did that for Leanne. When she told you it was time, you let her go, even though it broke your heart.

I wish I could be there for you right now, and just hug you and hug you and hug you. Heart Dangit, Australia, why do you have to be literally on the other side of the world?!

#83 18-03-2015 
* fanseelamb adds her hugs to the pile of hugs

I'm so sorry, kiri. Sad

#84 19-03-2015 
The hugs and wishes are very much appreciated. It's been an up and down sort of day and Leanne is never far from my thoughts.

Leanne will always be in my heart, and that will never change.

Blanche has been subdued today and cuddly and that's been a lovely thing to have.

#85 19-03-2015 
Yeah, our feline masters are smart and sensitive, so I'm sure that Blanche is a little confused as well. A friend, a 'sister' of sorts, is missing and she must feel that her human seems a bit upset, too. She will need some comfort, and she shares hers in return. At least you have *that* friend to comfort you, Kiri.

#86 19-03-2015 
Definitely BO. She's been looking around the bedroom with bemusement.

Blanche is not in emotional rapport with me like Leanne was, but I think as the change starts to sink in that she will need comfort. At the moment, she thinks that flies need killing, and the perimeter of the flat needs to be patrolled. Smile She's used to Leanne being away for a night or two, so I think she still thinks Leanne will come home.

#87 19-03-2015 
So so sorry, it's really hard when a loved pets dies. Sad

#88 19-03-2015 
(((HUGS))) So sorry, Kiri. I'm sure she's happy at the rainbow bridge without any pain any more. It's only hard for those left behind Sad

#89 19-03-2015 
I can't add any more wisdom to the thoughts already expressed by everyone. Tears are rolling as I think of my passed fur-babies... I am so sorry for your pain, Kiri.
As someone above said - I wish we weren't soooo far apart! I just want to give you really, really big hugs right now! Heart {{{hugs}}} Heart

Sorry, that is a members only option