Change risky woohoo percent
#11 23-02-2015 
@BoilingOil, I honestly didn't think it was relevant. I figured if someone knew what to do they would say change that XYZ box, and if not they simply wouldn't answer. Given the line in the description of the other Readme that comes with the mod I would be far too scared to approach the creator of that mod let alone MATY...O_O I'm as likely to go into a biker bar and ask for directions-never.

@Michelle, I downloaded it again after HL mentioned it but thank you for attaching it too. I must have deleted that Readme when I first downloaded it thinking it would be another excess file in my already bloated Download folder. So I found the correct Readme earlier on, but yeah I still can't figure it out, I know squat about modding unless it looks exactly like the tutorial. It's probably written for an older version of simpe. Yes probably anyone that knows that stuff can figure it out, but there is nothing saying % that I can see, and the only 30 I can see is in a box to the left. Maybe that's it. It's too late to be doing this so I'm going to look again tomorrow and see if any of it makes sense then.

#12 23-02-2015 
@joandsarah, I *now* understand very well how you were thinking, but *you* might have known that we are all far too helpful (and too fond of talking, because we all crazy fish, right?) to not say anything, just because we don't know the specific thing you're asking for. And how could we have known that you would NOT like to replace your mod with something that works at least as well? For all we knew, you had simply not heard of ACR yet and would LOVE to have an alternative to your current mod. Believe me, if we had known how to help more directly, we surely would have Big Grin

And yes, I *thought* you might not like to visit MATY, even though you had not mentioned that either... (hehehe Wink) Because... didn't I mention that?... they can be a bit brutal, cruel, harsh, nasty, rude...

#13 23-02-2015 
(23-02-2015 02:48 PM)joandsarah Wrote:  Yes probably anyone that knows that stuff can figure it out, but there is nothing saying % that I can see, and the only 30 I can see is in a box to the left. Maybe that's it.

No, indeed, nothing in SimPE or in the BCON itself will ever *mention* that it's about percentages. So wou will not encounter the %-symbol anywhere. To SimPE, the game, and all the mods, their BHAVs and their BCONs, numbers are just numbers.
Also, SimPE will happily print all the numbers in Hexadecimal, which not everyone can read. The value that you're looking for, will mesquerade itself as '0x001E' in the column of values. But if you select any line in the list, you'll find at the left two boxes right under each other, one marked 'Hex' which matches the number you highlighted, and the other marked 'Dec' which will show the number in normal readable decimal values as we learned them in grade school. That box is also the box in which you are going to need to edit the values you want to see changed.

So if you've found the set of numbers that match the numbers in the readme, and the description fits, then by all means, please assume that those are the right numbers to edit. But make sure you still have an un-edited version of that file in reserve somewhere, just in case you make a mistake and the game decides not to run properly anymore. Simply replacing your edited file with the old one will definitely fix it then.

I hope this helps you a bit.

#14 23-02-2015 
Thank you yes that does help. I can only go by exactly what a tutorial says.

It said:In the resource window, click on the single line:
"Behaviour Constant: Risky Woohoo Percent Chance"

So I couldn't see those exact words so I clicked on the top BCON then Behavior Constant and then risky woohoo bed. From there I saw the DEC box over to the left with the 30 in it and hoped that was the right box. Checked for plugin view, but that is normally on anyway.

The Readme says
Constant: Hex Value = Decimal % - Type of Woohoo

0x00 : 0x0014 = 20% - Risky Woohoo in Beds

But on MTS it says it's 30% so I don't get why that there says 20. Since that box to the left says 30 I'm assuming it is the correct box and that means 30%. Also I don't see any magical 0x0014 any place. like what the Readme says but I do see 0x001E. Which is why I said I'm guessing and guessing make me twitchy when it comes to simPE. I figured someone here would know if that was the correct box. I can always download it again, I just don't want to load up the game and find spikes coming out of my sims and find it crashing back to desktop.

Also I am sorry if I upset people as that is never my intention, I have found this whole thread to be upsetting.

#15 24-02-2015 
@joandsarah Jo - I am sorry you found it upsetting. I was reading it - and I thought well, these people all have known each other for so long that they say what they think, what they feel. They are honest with each other. Is that not what real friends do?

So in one way - yea, it can be upsetting when people are blunt. But it is a damn sight better than the aloof politeness of strangers. My opinion Smile

#16 24-02-2015 
@leefish, I can live with the assumption that it was just an honest mistake. Jo had just not experienced our wide definition of 'trying to help' yet, so she was a bit stressed when we didn't seem able to read her mind like we often appear to do. Smile The issue is resolved, though. Our helpful trait won out over our bluntness, and now we understand each other again Big Grin

@joandsarah, yes, even such manuals that come with the mod, can sometimes contain numbers that differ from the real values in the mod. People make mistakes, and - though some of them may consider themselves to be gods - sims 2 modders are people too (hihihi Big Grin). And as you may have guessed by now, 0x0014 indeed equals 20, like 0x001E equals 30. I'm certain that now you've had an example of how to read these numbers, and where to get their translation, you will manage quite well on your own. Good luck trying to edit your Risky Woohoo mod Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option