...AND the computer has died again...
#11 03-03-2015 
(03-03-2015 05:06 AM)Michelle Wrote:  Oh no! Not again, sorry to hear that, at this stage I would be renaming the computer to giant lump of s***. Angry
ROFL! @Michelle - Ouch! Tea hurts when you snort it through your nose! Oh my... *wipes tears from cheek* I'm with Michelle on this one Wink
I'd be PC shopping. And, crying.

I'll add "Whoosh" to my prayer list - right behind Leanne and you! Good luck Heart

#12 19-03-2015 
The good news is that the PC has returned and is working again without the need to buy a new one. Smile

Basically what happened is that the Hard Drive that has the O/S has bad blocks/sectors in the area where the O/S is.
My friend has reformatted the SSD (bye, bye Sims) and put the O/S there,
pulled out the bad hard drive that has never worked, and he thinks was having some magnetic influence on the other drive due to location.
And left the hard drive that used to have the O/S as is. So all the data and programs that are on that drive is reachable.

I'm able to copy over all the program stuffies as I install the programs so that I have all the same data in them (for eg. Firefox!) Which makes me happy. Big Grin
And as usual when I need to do a new install of programs, I'm doing a program cull for all the things that are not needed and can be not re-installed. Smile

It's been a wonderful distraction today, and has made me quite pleased.

I'm thinking of renaming the PC from Whoosh to Lazarus Squared.

#13 19-03-2015 
(19-03-2015 10:40 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  Basically what happened is that the Hard Drive that has the O/S has bad blocks/sectors in the area where the O/S is.

...<snipped>

I'm thinking of renaming the PC from Whoosh to Lazarus Squared.

* BoilingOil rofls at the idea of renaming the box; that would serve him right for dying on you twice Big Grin

Isn't that just what I suspected? Some bad blocks... that were just in the wrong place. Anyway, congratz on getting the box back. Sorry, though, about the loss your simmies.

#14 20-03-2015 
BO, it's OK - I have the hoods and sims Smile Just have to reinstall the programs. Big Grin

#15 20-03-2015 
(03-03-2015 09:22 PM)CatherineTCJD Wrote:  ROFL! @Michelle - Ouch! Tea hurts when you snort it through your nose! Oh my...

@CatherineTCJD - Ofcourse that hurts, dear. Because tea isn't *meant* to be snorted throught the nose. It's meant to be ingested orally! Tongue

Sorry, that is a members only option