Sims 2, Graphics and Windows 10
#91 22-08-2015 
  • Registered
Everything works now! Thank you! Smile
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2015 10:44 PM by autumnxsims.)

#92 22-08-2015 
  • Registered
I've attached a log file - I'm at my wits end!

Everything in the game looks great up until you load up a lot - textures start popping in and out (roads, trees, houses) and the framerate stutters quite a bit, especially when the weather or time of day changes. On top of that, I can't seem to run the game in windowed mode using the Nvidia card; I just get a white screen. Compatibility modes are similar, except the screen is blue.

Attempting to run the game using the integrated card gives me the same texture popping and stuttering, but the windowed mode works. Any ideas? I feel like I'm so close!

Attached File(s)
.txt  BARTOWSKI-config-log.txt (Size: 19.85 KB / Downloads: 428)

#93 23-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hello!

I am running Windows 10, with The Sims 2 Ultimate set on Windows 8 for compatibility. Before using the helpful graphics file that you provided for those of us with Intel graphics, it would do the infamous force close when trying to load up a family. After placing your graphic properties though, I was able to pretty much do everything with no crashes!

However, during game play just now, it randomly crashed, so I was wondering if you could please check out my uploaded config file to see if anything looks weird or needs changing still.

Thank you for your time and all the advice so far!

Attached File(s)
.txt  LOU-config-log.txt (Size: 10.37 KB / Downloads: 475)

#94 23-08-2015 
Coucou, I've just installed my copy of Windows 10. I had TS2 previously installed and it was working thanks to Graphics Rules Maker. Now, I have been obliged to use the new file provided by Kiri but it doesn't allow me to play in 1920x1080. Does anyone know how I can have this higher resolution back, please?
(This post was last modified: 23-08-2015 08:57 PM by poisson.)

#95 23-08-2015 
  • Registered
OK perhaps disregard my previous comment as I played for a few hours solid after removing some mods and no crashes Big Grin

However, I have this odd issue (which is the only one, everything else is perfect) where after 10 minutes of game play, switching between Sims in a household it's lagging for around 4 seconds every single time. May seem like a small issue but it gets rapidly annoying Sad .

I've looked this up online only to find one post where someone else has the exact same issue as me, but no one has a clue what it could be. I tried using a mod which froze the avatar pictures (as AP EP brings changing avatars depending on mood etc) and the mod works, but didn't fix the issue. I was wondering, have any of you ever heard of this issue, or perhaps experienced it? And do you have any tips on what it may be or things I could try to prevent it?

Thanks very much!

#96 23-08-2015 
@poisson There's some new problems with Windows 10 - I'll need your config-log.txt to be able to fix it for you.

@loubeccabee Sorry Lou - can you put up your config-log.txt for me to have a look at?

#97 25-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hello, I have a few issues that I think can be solved here.. I just updated to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 7. I have previously changed two things, 6 months ago: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config\Graphics Rules.sgr and C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig\Graphics Rules.sgr to fix low graphics in Windows 7 based on advice in one of the threads here. The water was not reflective, and the ground/grass was low texture, and changing the graphics rules fixed the issue.

I used to open TS2UC via a shortcut from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe which bypassed opening Origin. On Windows 10 opening the game like this causes freezing and crashing at neighborhood load screens (which is a problem in itself). So I have switched to opening Origin and clicking play in there, which loads fine.

When the game loads correctly, I get a small popup about pressing SHIFT + F1 for Origin in game. When the game does not load correctly I never get the small notification and the game 'stutters,' clicking takes 5 seconds to actually click, animations (previews of neighborhoods at choose neighborhood screen, rotating apartment signifiers above apartment lots, cars, birds, etc.) will go for a few seconds and then pause for a few seconds. When this happens I can exit and restarting TS2 usually fixes it. Annoying when it loads wrong many times in a row, but not the biggest deal to me.

Now being on Windows 10, the water is once again not reflective and the ground is low texture. So I am thinking I will need to update my graphics rules again?

The big problems arise once in neighborhoods, trying to play. Creating houses and editing unoccupied lots is fine, but opening CAS or trying to load occupied houses causes crashing. In CAS I can type in a surname, but clicking to add a sim crashes the game. Loading families works until it is lighting up the last column, and then it crashes.

I tried to run the game in compatibility mode, but oddly enough there is no compatibility tab for Sims2EP9. [EDIT; right clicking > Troubleshoot Compatibility brought up a screen to select a different version on Windows, I was expecting a tab under right click > Properties] [EDIT; compatibility mode for Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista yield the same problems as when not in compatibility mode.]

I have Intel HD 3000 graphics and have attached my config-log.

Attached File(s)
.txt  CARLEIGH-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.44 KB / Downloads: 430)
(This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 10:24 AM by zouis.)

#98 25-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hello everyone,
I'm having a problem. I've installed The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to Windows 10. Everything is alright, I can build houses etc, but the problem comes when I want to create a sim. The game crashes. Does anyone know what can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks for an answer. :-)

#99 25-08-2015 
Here it is, dear Kiri: Thank you very much!

.txt  PCDG-config-log.txt (Size: 10.24 KB / Downloads: 501)

EDIT: I'm surprised, there is written "Windows NT"? While I have Windows 10? And there is written 2048 Mb, while I have 8 Gb?

#100 25-08-2015 
  • Registered
As an amendment to my earlier post, here's a screenshot of what I'm experiencing when rotating the camera.

[Image: WqP8hjs.png?1]

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option