Sims 2, Graphics and Windows 10
#101 26-08-2015 
I've read your posts - I will get to them. Currently sick though, so spending time in bed.

#102 26-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hi all, I'm not sure if much is wrong with my graphics since everything looks pretty good to me. I was just trying to fix that black boxes issues. I used to be able to set it on high and it looked great. For some reason that changed and I have to set it to medium and my sims don't have shadows at all. I tried following the Graphic Rules Maker instructions but I got confused. I see two Graphics Rules.sgr files under Config and CSConfig so I'm not sure which I'm supposed to edit. Doesn't seem I can edit them anyway since they are sgr files and I don't have the option to open them with Notepad.

Also my config file looks funny. Like it doesn't show my correct OS (Never had Vista and I'm running 7), and it shows next to Name (database) under Graphics Device Info:

<<NOT FOUND IN DATABASE!>>

I'll attach my config file. Thank you for your time!

Attached File(s)
.txt  DESKTOP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.34 KB / Downloads: 360)

#103 26-08-2015 
I can't speak to the validity of anything else, but I can say that there's nothing wrong with the OS that your config shows. Windows 7 is internally named NT 6.0 Smile

#104 26-08-2015 
I had a Windows 8.1 laptop but I upgraded it to Windows 10 for free and although it's working ok it takes a while to load when it goes to a loading screen and the gameplay seems choppy when I move around and speed up time. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for how to speed it up a bit. Thanks!

#105 27-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hello, I am using Windows 10 and I'm surprised the game launched. My screen resolution was stuck at 800x600 and I almost gave up...but now it's fixed (had to read the whole thread). The only problem i have is that the UI/Neighborhood Control Panel and text are so tiny. I'm not sure what to do. Thank you for your time!

#106 27-08-2015 
  • Registered
Hey!
I recently switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and installed Sims 2 UC but every time I try to travel to a lot, the game crashes. It doesn't give me any special kind of error. Just says the game has crashed and now the application will terminate. I also noticed my mouse is a little laggy when playing the game. It crashed this morning and after it reverted back to desktop I noticed a weird glitchy patch appear on my screen that resembles a broken TV. I had to restart my computer for it to go away.
I have a ATI radeon 3000 graphics card.
Any help at all would be nice! <3

Attached File(s)
.txt  BRATZGIRLZ-HP-config-log.txt (Size: 10.31 KB / Downloads: 368)

#107 28-08-2015 
Just to tell that I managed to do it myself (I mean, about the higher resolution). I used a tutorial found on SimsVIP. Of course, one must modify the file (GraphicsRules) that is on THIS thread, from Kiri, rather than the original file; well, at least if you're on Windows 10.

Thank you. And cheers, Kiri. Smile

#108 28-08-2015 
...However, there still is the problem of the black rectangle below the Sims themselves, and thus, even when I turn down the shadows in the options panel. If anyone has an idea. Wink

#109 28-08-2015 
Edit the sim shadows in the file (first post, original thread). Smile

#110 28-08-2015 
  • Registered
(26-08-2015 07:10 PM)BoilingOil Wrote:  I can't speak to the validity of anything else, but I can say that there's nothing wrong with the OS that your config shows. Windows 7 is internally named NT 6.0 Smile

Oh ok thanks! I thought Windows 7 was NT 6.1.

I had actually upgraded to Window 10 earlier and just went back to 7 because of monitor flickering etc (which probably can't be solved here since it happens even when I'm not running Sims 2...)Even when I had Windows 10 my config.log showed NT 6.0, but I guess I was just being my usual paranoid self, haha.

Thanks anyways! Smile

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option