Sims 2, Graphics and Windows 10
#131 01-10-2015 
I have searched everywhere and I'm really, genuinely confused. There are patches in the Sims wiki - are these the same as a no CD patch? If not, I cannot find a site with the patch that doesn't either lead me through a thousand 'offers' with no download, or get blocked by my browser. @Arily, could you share the link or website where you found yours please? I'm getting rather frustrated.

#132 01-10-2015 
I'm sorry I don't think I can share it here. Also I'm not exactly sure where I got it because I had to scoured the internet a lot for one myself.

#133 01-10-2015 
The first link in my google search *also* leads to the Securom Support page Smile And the noCD exes can all be found at http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ There is a search bar on that page (bottom left) where you can type "The Sims 2" followed by the EP/SP that you start the game with (mostly M&G, thus) and it will bring you to the page with the correct no-CD exe. Life couldn't be simpler.

#134 01-10-2015 
  • Registered
Hi I'm having the exact same problem as Tankie:
"Basically when I start up The Sims 2 it all loads correctly and lets me pick a neighbourhood but once a neighbourhood has loaded I'm greeted with a black screen, I still get the music and sometimes the cursor but no image."
I just alt+tab and it all appears again.
but every time i click on something the screen goes black again. Then I have to alt+tab again and so on.
The fix I've found so far is change the resolution to any other than the max I'm using to, say, 1024x768 and click yes when it asks me if I want to keep that resolution. Then I can go back to the max resolution and the game won't go back to black screens anymore and I can play without troubles.
I mean it is a weird fix but I was wondering if there is some way to fix that without having to tinker on the screen resolution every time I launch the game.
Hope this weird fix helps Tankie and some others with the same problem, but I do hope we have a better fix for it.
That and, celebkiriedhel, I thank you, your fixes so far have been amazing Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  ALSSUS-PC-config-log.txt (Size: 10.08 KB / Downloads: 426)

#135 01-10-2015 
@Alssus I have the same problem as you and it only happens to me when I'm in windowed mode. It doesn't happen in Fullscreen mode. However my way of fixing it is I have to click "show the desktop" to minimize everything to the toolbar and then when I pop the game back up it's fine. It didn't happen to me until I started using the No-CD .exe but small price to pay for not having securom on my computer so I've been dealing with it. However I'll be checking back to see if you find a solution.
I know the main thing you can do is search to make sure your using the most current graphics driver for your graphics card as it might just need an update.

#136 02-10-2015 
@BoilingOil It's probably much more 'simple' for you - I use several of your mods in my game Smile That said, I'm still struggling a bit with getting the SecuRom completely off - but I'm going to go ahead and go elsewhere. Thanks for your help.

#137 02-10-2015 
@Teru8: I don't see why you would need to go elsewhere? Just tell us what part of the process you have trouble with and any one of us may know how to help.

Yes - some things may seem simpler for me than for somebody else, because I've been doing computer stuff for about 35 years. And after all that time, I've learned that I know nothing, but that all that I *need* to know can be searched for. So I've learned to use Google, and I've learned to read and write in English (because that is not my home language). And now I can sometimes even *find* what I'm looking for. Or what someone else is looking for...
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 04:54 PM by BoilingOil.)

#138 03-10-2015 
  • Registered
Hello there, I've got excatly the same problem as Trotylka in this thread - http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.ph...46&page=99 Althought edge smoothing is enabled, the edges are extremely jagged. I would be really happy if someone could help me with this one!
My operating system is windows 10.

Edit; I was able to fix it thanks to Graphics Rules Maker Smile

Attached File(s)
.txt  blankafea-config-log.txt (Size: 10.13 KB / Downloads: 356)
.rar  blankafea Graphics Rules.rar (Size: 7.04 KB / Downloads: 383)
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 06:33 PM by blankafea.)

#139 03-10-2015 
Hello everyone!
I have solved most problems I had with the game.
But I can not solve two things:
1- The game recognizes only one of the two graphics cards that have the notebook.
2- The texture of the ground in view of the neighborhood, looks horrible like water.
My operating system is Windows 10 64bits
My graphics cards: Intel HD Graphics 4600 / Nvidia Gforce GTX 970M

Attached File(s)
.txt  ROMAN-config-log.txt (Size: 10.36 KB / Downloads: 366)

#140 05-10-2015 
Hi! I am among those who have recently upgraded to Windows 10 - however, my computer is a totally new-out-of-the-box laptop that came with Windows 8 and had me upgrade to 10.

My problem is that the game is flickering/glitching in neighborhood and lot view. Also, my lush neighborhood looks a bit off. Other than those 2 items, it's working fine.

Here's my specs:

HP 15 Notebook PC (Laptop)
Windows 10
Intel® Pentium® CPU N3530 @ 2.16GHz
2.16 GHz
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Here's what my neighborhood looks like - it's supposed to be Lush.

[Image: Supposed%20to%20be%20Lush_zpskeyugowp.jpg]

Any help would be most appreciated!

Attached File(s)
.txt  SCHMOOPY-config-log.txt (Size: 10.51 KB / Downloads: 372)

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option