Where are you from?
#31 16-08-2016 
@BoilingOil - Is your mother a dolphin? Tongue

(Wait but he IS a Frenchman if he lives in France and speaks French! In my opinion anyway.)

#32 16-08-2016 
@fanseelamb that's what I was thinking, too. If @poisson lives in France, speaks French and feels French - then he's French to me. But then again I'm Swedish, so I have no idea how they think in France.

#33 16-08-2016 
@fanseelamb, @NixNivis - That was my reasoning as well: he lives in France, and has implied that French is his first language (why else would he choose a french nickname). So how could anyone think he's *not* French?

(16-08-2016 05:29 PM)fanseelamb Wrote:  @BoilingOil - Is your mother a dolphin? Tongue

I wish! Smile

#34 17-08-2016 
Yes, of course. I have the French nationality and I was born in France. ^_^ Then, I imagine that makes me French. Also, even if my grandparents (mother's side) are Italian, and even if I can sometimes understand them when they speak to me in Italian, I don't speak it myself. Tongue By the way, they often mix Italian with an Abruzzese dialect. lol My grandfather (father's side) was German, and my grandmother (father's side) was Irish. Hence the 50%, 25%, 25%. Wink Only my Italian grandparents are still alive, 89 (grandfather) and 84 years old (grandmother). On father's side, things have been complicated.

#35 17-08-2016 
I had guessed that it would be like that, @poisson. I just didn't think it was my place to speak for you, assuming that you were perfectly capable of speaking for yourself Smile

#36 17-08-2016 
Right, BO. Big Grin

#37 22-08-2016 
Oups, I had misunderstood (though you were living there because you fell in love with the beautiful country, it happens all the time Big Grin)

(12-08-2016 03:31 PM)poisson Wrote:  Yes, of course. I have the French nationality and I was born in France. ^_^ Then, I imagine that makes me French.

That's what I imagine french too. And don't even ask me about my origins, it could last weeks for just half of the story Big Grin (I've italian percentage too, hihi)
We are from everywhere and it's right like that.

#38 27-08-2016 
I'm from the U.S., unfortunately. This farce of a presidential election we have going here really makes me ashamed to be an American at the moment. Time to brush up on my French and German just in case.

#39 27-08-2016 
Awww, Penelope. There is no way to feel ashamed. We cannot put everybody in a same basket, I mean, we can't put every single American in a same basket in the sense than any individual is different, and is a unique being. It's a mistake to talk about an entire people, as Natalie Portman did, for example (I've just read an article about what she thought about the "French" in general: too polite, too rigid, strict, and too much in the judgment... like she wasn't judging someone herself, there lol ).

On a side note, I'm disappointed by this great actress, because I thought she was more intelligent than that. Well.

http://www.20minutes.fr/people/1914111-2...trop-polis

You, Americans, will make the best choice, I'm sure of that, for your next President. Be confident! Smile

#40 28-08-2016 
@PenelopeT, I agree with @poisson that you're not responsible for the farce that is the current election. But at the same time, I understand your feeling of embarrassment. Why I say that I understand? Because I feel embarrassed to be of the same species as some of the @$$hats participating in the election process in your country right now. They are putting the entire human race to shame.

Sorry, that is a members only option