Blocky water, flickering, no windowed mode, neighborhood loads to black
#1 27-09-2016 
  • Registered
Hi there!

I run Windows 10 and have all EPs and SPs, CD/DVD version. I am experiencing a number of issues.

1) When I load my neighborhood in full screen mode, I am greeted by a black screen and the cursor. I have to switch to desktop and back again in order to see the hood.
If I load my neighborhood in windowed mode, which I would strongly prefer, It becomes a full black screen that I can't switch out of and I have to shut the computer down.

2) I experience horrible glitchy water.
[Image: glitchy%20water_zpshqunq7rw.png]

3) The walls flicker as such:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1826]

Combined, these effects don't render the game unplayable for me, but it's pretty annoying. I've tried to figure it out myself, but I'm way over my head. Undecided
Thanks so much.

Attached File(s)
.txt  SORICA-config-log.txt (Size: 9.44 KB / Downloads: 418)

#2 28-09-2016 
  • Registered
Hi there, I had the exact same problem as you. At first couldn't even get the game to load without a compatibility error box popping up, then had the black screen. Please check out this thread: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7412 Following the steps for win 8 install helped with game playing and then switching over to win 7 compatibility fixed the black screen.

#3 28-09-2016 
  • Registered
Thanks so much! That worked wonderfully! Smile Does anybody have any insight as to the remaining graphical issues?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option