Credits: The original idea was Monique's. I simply expanded a little on it. If you want to thank someone, thank Monique, not me!
If your sims already use Monique's version of this mod, you need not worry: simply remove her file from your downloads folder and put mine in. Then delete the groups.cache file. When you load the game, you'll find that nothing has changed, except for a totally new menu!
I made the following changes:
- The Catalog is now ALWAYS protected against deletion, as long as there are points stored in it. One little snag: a NEW book can not be deleted: you need to store some points in it, and withdraw them again, before you can get rid of it. (see update note below)
- No more limits to deposits and withdrawals. You can transfer as little as 10 points now.
- Toddlers and Children can ONLY access the Catalog to deposit their OWN points, nothing else. Visitors and residents that aren't at home can NOT access the Catalog, nor will the Auto-Deposit and Collect features process them.
- Auto-Deposit now scans family-members (and no one else) once every three hours, and transfers all their points!
- New Catalogs are no longer found in the Buy Catalog. They're now an Aspiration Reward that costs 0 points. This does not affect existing books in any way: they are the same as always (except for a new menu option), and your already collected points are safe!
- This version will work in ALL game configurations!
Then there's a number of additions:
- Deposit all your points at once
- Withdraw as many as your sim can still accept without overflowing their counter
- Collect points from other household members onto the book
- Buy Want slots/locks and Career Rewards at a price of 50,000 points each (points are deducted from the book!)
- Cash in a million points for §1000 cash (thank you, aelflaed, for suggesting that)
- Buy Food to fill your fridge, at 2000/point (thanks to ZephyrZodiac for this idea). If at least 8,000 points are stored in the book, an option comes available to buy Food points costing 2,000 points each, which will be directly stored in the fridge with the largest free capacity. (I chose 8,000 as a threshold, reasoning that buying less than 4 Food points wouldn't make sense, as that's the minimum required for a simple single meal.)
- You can now Boost your daily Aspiration Bar using points from the Reward Catalog
UPDATE March 26th, 2011: As of the new version 1.32, the protection system has finally been fixed! New books can now simply be deleted. There's no more need to deposit and withdraw points first.
UPDATE July 10th, 2011: The new version 1.40 now includes the option to buy/remove a 'Permanent' Gender Change token at 500,000 points, or buy a 'Temporary' Gender Change token at 50,000. These options only show up if you have P4A - Alien Trigger Override installed, though.
UPDATE September 24th, 2011: The new version 1.41 now also includes the option to buy a 'Temporary' Gender Change token for a visitor (at the standard price of 50k points, of course). This option only shows up if P4A - Alien Trigger Override is installed, the visitor does NOT have such a token yet, and such a token would help the visitor to impregnate your sim.
UPDATE November 27th, 2011: The new version 1.42 adds an extra test to the Gender Change options (for P4A - Alien Trigger Override users): from now on, the Gender tokens can ONLY be bought if the recieving sim is NOT a Zombie, Servo or Bigfoot, because those three types can not bare or father children naturally anyway.
UPDATE March 13th, 2012: Following a request/suggestion by Tessalion13, a new feature has been added: Teens and older sims can now reroll their LTW at the cost of 100,000 points. The option is in the "Wants..." menu if sufficient points have been deposited.
UPDATE June 17th, 2012: Following another request/suggestion by Tessalion13, another function has been added: Teens and older sims can now have a Check-up performed to disclose their current internal gender. This check is available in the "Gender Change" menu, if P4A - Alien Trigger Override v1.28 or higher is present, and you have at least 10,000 points deposited.
Also, I've changed the look of the Catalog, and as a result, the package is now 50% smaller. Delete the ObjectThumbnails.package, if you want to the thumbnail in the Aspiration reward catalog section of the sim's inventory to reflect the new look of the RC.
IMPORTANT: If you use P4A - Alien Trigger Override, make sure it's updated to v1.28 or above. Otherwise, the Catalog will NOT function properly.
With all those collected points, you may want to have more than the standard Maxis Aspiration Rewards. Converting custom objects to Aspiration Rewards isn't really hard, if you follow this wiki article: Aspiration Rewards: make them yourself!
File Updated 17-06-2012