Unable to load - DIRECTX 9.0C Compatible Graphics Adaptders (Ultimate Collection)
#1 23-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hi Team,

I am hoping you can assist me with the problem i am having.

I downloaded Sims 2 Ultimate Collection fresh & it has been throwing the below error: Only time it will load is when shortcut is changed to windowed.

"Failed to find any Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this sytem!
Please make sure you have a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the lastest
drivers provided by the manufacturer. The Application will now Terminate"

I have attempted to use the fixes on further topics however it is still throwing the same error.

-config-log.txt
=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Name (database): Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 3e9b, Board: 10711043, Chipset: 0000
Driver: igdumdim32.dll, Version: 25.20.100.6446, GUID: D7B78E66-7DDB-11CF-DD6A-1530BBC2D435
Driver version: 6446
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Monitor aspect: 1.782383, 16:9
Screen mode: 1920x1080x32BPP,120Hz
Texture memory: 1024MB
HW T&L: Fixed function:1 Programmable:3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Texture stages: 8
AppControlledAA: 1

Please let me know if i have missed anything!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.docx  fml.docx (Size: 465.22 KB / Downloads: 362)
.txt  DxDiag Log.txt (Size: 97.62 KB / Downloads: 307)

#2 23-04-2020 
Hi @Corvus,

Instead of pasting your config-log into the message, could you please attach it, like you did with the DxDiag log? Because now we have only a small part of it. And the worst thing is, this part that tells us next to nothing of importance.

Thanks in advance!

#3 23-04-2020 
  • Registered
Hey @BoilingOil,

Apologies!

Thanks for the speedy assistance, I've gone ahead and prioritized the game to run off my NVIDIA Graphics card instead of the "Intel Integrated Card"

Unfortunately it is still throwing the error.

I went ahead and did another full clean install and tried running however error still being persistent, upon the new install it also could not find my 1050 Graphics card so i used the GRM to be able to find them. (Unsure if this creates any further problems)

I've added the most up to date log.

Thanks again!

Attached File(s)
.txt  LAPTOP-TN72AMF1-config-log2.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 333)
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2020 02:45 PM by Corvus.)

#4 26-04-2020 
Hi again, @Corvus,

No need to apologise. We all make mistakes occasionally.

If it creates any problems? Let's just say that after reinstalling the game, you would've done best NOT to run the GRM, because the log shows that you use Win10, the windows version that GRM often produces the worst results with. Most Win10 players find that after using the GRM, their game is even harder to get to work than before!
Anyway, it has happened, and I'm not going to ask you to reinstall again. Because at least it correctly identified one of your video cards.

Now here are some things that worry me:
1. It seems that your game does not consider EITHER of your video cards Dx9.0c compatible. And that is the biggest issue here.
2. Your NVidia card is one of the newer models that TS2 seems to have an extremely hard time with when playing on Win10. So from that perspective, it might've been best to go with the integrated Intel card. All GTX 10xx and 20xx models are problematic. With Win7 or Win8.1 they work great (I have a GTX1050 TI myself), but with Win10 it's a nightmare.
3. 120 FPS? This game hardly ever needs that. If I got a chance, I would throttle it back to 60 FPS, which is extremely trustworthy.
4. Your texture memory setting is not quite what one might've hoped. GRM seems to have messed THAT up.

With the last one of these things I can help you, but I don't know how much good it will do, because it is the smallest of the four issues.

In the Graphics Rules.sgr, you could try to find the section (usually around line 50 or so) that starts with:
Code:
#############################################################################
#
# Identify gfx device
#

and put a line just before that, which reads:
Code:
seti textureMemory 4096

If there is already a line there with those exact same words, but a different number, then you could even just change the number to read 4096.
After saving the file, that problem should be solved, but your game will still not run.
When @celebkiriedhel, @HugeLunatic or @Kunder logs on, they will at least want to see why I had the audacity to use their names in vain here, so they will come and take a look! I hope that one of them will be able to offer further (and better) assistance than I can. Because I am rubbish at this part.

#5 26-04-2020 
Well, I have pretty much given up trying to get Win10/New video, to play TS2, but I can suggest, either trying to re-install DX9c. Sometimes that works.... For a while. You can try and download DX11. Sims 2 will use it.... Sometimes. The problem, is that with each WinX update, we get further and further away from the ability to play TS2.

You can try and Dual boot, Win7/Win10, and use your on-board video. I've seen some success with that.

I know this isn't a popular suggestion, but I STILL say, the BEST way to be ASSURED that TS2 is going to work first time, every time, is to get a used computer that will comfortably run Win7, to play TS2. I have many, many posts suggesting the best computers for playing TS2. They are still available off Ebay, and various other "outlets". Right now, my business is on hold due to COVID-19, and shipping constraints. I know I can ship a computer to The Nederlands from Texas, for around $40 USD, and on my end at least, there are no additional charges, and none noted from Nl end either, according to my carrier.

I'm not trying to sell anyone a computer or anything, but just saying, that's an option, although, maybe a desperate one. Y'all don't seem to have a lot of used/Refurbed computers there. The ones you do have, are rather expensive. You can PM me for details, if you like.

Just to let you know, I'll make NO profit from ANY computer sold to anyone in "The Pond" here. Just the cost of the computer, parts to fix, or upgrade, and shipping.
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2020 04:17 PM by Kunder.)

#6 26-04-2020 
If it works in window mode, why not run it that way? Just increase the resolution to fill your screen? I do know there are some out there who have gotten the 1050 to work with W10/ts2.

There is a new thing I read about, which is fullscreen optimization for W10, and it seems to have mixed reviews about actually bettering game play. It can be enabled/disabled via the Compatibility tab when you right click the shortcut. Maybe try ticking Disable fullscreen optimization for the ts2.exe?

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option