sims2 #1
This is my own improved version of Squinge's mod Nurse Babies, more specifically, the Female-Only Non-Autonomous version.

Way back in 2008, I reported on Squinge's thread that his 'Female Only - Non-Autonomous' version was allowing females to autonomously nurse the baby, and that they would do so almost continuously. So far, I never saw a fix. Even worse: The Dork (as he called himself then) never even made the effort of responding to my post.

So I decided to delve into it, and fix it myself. So here it is, in three new versions:

1. SQ-fixed: Squinge's original, but now fixed to REALLY stop autonomy.

2. Non-Auto: Same as above, but includes a fix to suppress autonomous bottle-feeding of babies when a living female parent (mommy) is present on the lot. Of course, if mommy is absent (or dead) or the child has no female parents, then autonomous bottle-feeding will occur normally. Getting bottles for toddlers isn't affected at all. See the Notes below!

3. Special: This is my favorite, and it replaces the 'realistic' version: it allows autonomous breast-feeding, but no more often than bottle-feeding would normally occur. Also includes the smart suppression of autonomous bottle-feeding as found in the non-auto version. See the Notes below!

Of course, it makes no sense to install more than one version of this mod!

NOTE #1: With both the Non-auto and the Special versions, if mommy does NOT live on the same lot as the baby, she can STILL nurse the baby when she visits!

NOTE #2: It was brought to my attention that the last two versions of my mod conflict with TwoJeffs' No Baby Toddler Swarming and maybe also with other mods like it. This is by design... The no-swarming mods change a global Fridge-BHAV to make sure that not all sims haul bottles at once. My mods stop the hauling of bottles alltogether as long as Mommy's home. Load mine last, if you want to take advantage of that!
The top version should not conflict with anything, though.

NOTE #3: If you add some of the plug-ins, the HCDU (Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility, available at Paladin's Place) will detect conflicts between the different parts of this system. That is INTENTIONAL. Do NOT change the names of the files, because they're named to force them to be loaded in a specific order necessary for them to work correctly!

NOTE #4: Chris Hatch's mod FeedBabyExtra, and Chaavik's ShorterBreastFeedingTime will both work with any version of this mod. If you want to have them both, I advise you to make sure that Chaavik's mod loads after Chris'. Otherwise, Chris' mod will override hers, and you won't notice any speed-up.

Update April 12, 2011: I've greatly simplified the Non-auto and Special versions, REMOVING the built-in nursemaid capabilities but ADDING a modular structure that allows the addition of special plug-ins. There are three plug-ins available here: two are different implementations for nursemaids, and one for smarter behavior of NPCs such as Butler, Nanny and Servo (in chores mode).
If you're using an older version and you're perfectly happy with it, there's NO reason to re-download. But if you do switch to the new system, please make sure that you remove the old version yourself. The new system uses different filenames, so the old version would NOT automatically be overwritten, and thus cause serious conflicts!

UPDATE July 27th, 2012: A bug was reported by Lymangood, where any non-family-member entering the lot caused a "Bad Gosub Tree Number" error to be thrown. This was due to the fact that I called a BHAV that only exist in AL or M&G, and obviously, Lymangood doesn't have either. And I claimed that this mod was fit for Base Game! It's unbelievalbe that I got away with this for so very long (nobody else ever reported this issue), but now I was finally caught. I've fixed it now, though!
So, if you're using the Non-auto or Special version and you don't have either AL or M&G installed, you're probably getting errors too. You'll need to re-download. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Remember: This is a social plug-in: it adds an option to a SIM's pie menu. Therefor, like with ALL social plug-ins, installing, removing or updating this mod will almost ALWAYS cause a hood-reset.

Credits: Thanks to Squinge (The Dork) for ripping the original from Maxis' files.

I've used quite a few mods by others, thus taking FROM the community. With the work that *I* create, I'm hoping to give something back TO the community.

Do with my work whatever the &#$% you like. If you re-use, edit and republish my work, I consider it a compliment. Especially if you let me know about it, and mention me in the credits.

But, although I would *appreciate* the note and the credits, if you choose to be a dick and act as if YOU created my mods, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop you, so I won't even TRY.

Enjoy.

Screenshots
BO - Feed Baby Screenshot      
Download link
Filesize 1.7 KB | File Name BO - Feed Baby - SQ-fixed.zip | # of Downloads 2,617  
Filesize 2.39 KB | File Name BO - Feed Baby - Main - non-auto.zip | # of Downloads 2,082
File Updated 27-07-2012

Filesize 2.37 KB | File Name BO - Feed Baby - Main - special.zip | # of Downloads 7,589
File Updated 27-07-2012

Comments
#2 17-12-2010
Hmmm, Now this is interesting too. I guess I should really have a go at modding my game more. My game is VERY vanilla...but which to get...I will take the recommended . Number 3 for me.

#3 17-12-2010
Thanks, I grabbed the realistic version. This should work much better for my medieval sims.

#4 17-12-2010
  • Registered
Thanks. I used Squinge's mod only briefly before declaring it more trouble than it was worth. He does make some very useful hacks, (some frivolous ones too, though that's not always his fault LOL) but this one really needed some polishing.

Sorry, that is a members only option