Digital Camera Mod
#1 07-04-2011 
I was so happy with the way my first request mod turned out that I figured why waste any time and try to get as many mods as my little brain can think of. I hope BO is up to the challenge because I have lots of ideas for my Sims 2 games lol. Here we go!

Digital Camera Mod

One of my favorite things that came with Bon Voyage was not the vacations but the digital cameras and how they are seamlessly apart of the existing game world. Well not completely seamless because after you take pictures the only way to get them is to go to a computer and order photos and wait for them to be delivered. It would be fine and dandy if they all arrived at once but no they don't. In fact if you order say 10 pictures you'll get 10 different deliveries one after the other. Not cool and really redundant if you ask me.

What I propose is this; When you order pictures could it be possible to have them appear either;
  • All at once in one delivery.
  • Make them appear in the inventory.
  • Just make them appear outside as if they were delivered

I have this one mod (I'll have to look it up) where my Sims still get hobby plaques from Freetime whenever they reach max hobby enthusiasm but instead of waiting for the Hobby NPC to barge into my house, I get message stating I reached max level and the plaque just appears in my inventory.
So I know that somehow deliveries can be skipped all together.

Thank you and good luck! Big Grin
[Image: sig55.jpg]

#2 07-04-2011 
I might look at this one when I find time, Xander. It certainly sounds do-able, but at present I have a lot of work still waiting for me to fix it. I hope you can excercise some patience???

#3 07-04-2011 
Of course I can wait and I totally get that you are busy I just thought I would toss it out there and see who bit. It is something that isn't a game breaker by any means for me so waiting will be just fine and dandy with me. Good luck and can't wait to see what other mods you come up with!

#4 07-04-2011 
(07-04-2011 07:26 PM)XanderGC Wrote:  I just thought I would toss it out there and see who bit.

Well, tossing it here in the garage will ensure you that I'm the only one biting! Smile There are no other code sharks in this dump! Tongue

But as long as it isn't your cookies, just toss away, my friend! Tongue

#5 07-04-2011 
I wish that I was a code shark because then I could create my own mods and help spread the love of creation with the interwebs. Do you think you could recommend other mod sites that I could check out as well? Gotta collect them all you know lol.

#6 07-04-2011 
Yeah, the most notable ones are: Simbology, Cyjon's mods, Paladin's Place, SimLogical, MATY, and Insimenator

#7 07-04-2011 
The biggest thing for me is that the semantics of simantics bewilders me.

If there was an If...then construction it would help. I also have no idea what all these prims and expressions mean.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#8 07-04-2011 
Will you believe, Lee, that at first, I felt the same way? Globs, Prims, Privs, Expressions... it all made little sense, if any, and caused massive confusion.

PRIM: refers to a primitive, a piece of core code that can not be altered, and that is the basis of all BHAVs. These things are the hardest to understand and use properly. There's a limited number of primitives.
EXPRESSIONS: these are actual expressions in the BASIC sense of the word: a variable of sorts gets a value assigned to it, or is tested for a specific value in its contents using an Expression.
In fact, the expression is also a Primitive.
PRIV: Private. Refers to a BHAV/BCON or any other resource belonging to the current group, the object you're working on.
SEMI: Refers to a BHAV/BCON that belongs to the category (semi-global) your object falls in. So if your object is a wall-hanging, it gets a GLOB reference to PaintingGlobals, and that makes the BHAVs of that group available in addition to the Private ones.
GLOBAL: that's a special group of resources in addition to the Primitives, that can ALWAYS be accessed, regardless what group or object you're working with.

And of course, this all still means nothing to you at first... Just like cloning, meshing, recolouring, retexturing, slaving and repository-ing mean nothing to me! Tongue

#9 07-04-2011 
Yea, that I get BO. I know what they ARE - Its how to write the code in a sensible way to understand that gets me. I mean I CAN do BHAVs, but it takes me ages.

ETA: I have done a couple of modded objects in my time.
The site don't jive? PRESS F5 Flower

#10 07-04-2011 
I think it's amazing that you guys do this in your spare time, that takes dedication and it's appreciated. My place in the realm of coding is as a novice web designer so that isn't all that impressive lol. Lastly, I know of all those sites that BO mentioned so I'm pretty much in the know already huh lol.

Sorry, that is a members only option