sims2 #1
so, I saw that fansee has been uploading the contents of her downloads folder (the things she made herself of course) and I thought I might jump on the bandwagon. Um yea.

So, I had a look and I found this - it is a street grate.

It is a whopping 12 polygons in size and costs a fairly non-prohibitive 1 simoleon. It is recolourable, but comes with only one recolour and only one subset. Come on - it's a GRATE. Sheesh. You can find it in the buy catalog in deco/miscellaneous.

Special features:
  • Visible from hood view
  • Intersectable by objects and Sims
  • Can be placed on the road in a lot with no cheats.

Í tested on a lot with taxi's and cars - no issues seen as far as blocking portals etc. Enjoy.

Now with an update from Pixelhate - a better Normal map Big Grin

Please do:
  • Include my objects in your lots
  • Use the objects etc in pictures/machinima/stories
  • Let me know if you recolour one of my items so I can post a link in the upload thread.
Please don't:
  • Share the files as downloads
  • Include my meshes with your recolours unless you ask me first.

Requests?
You can ask me HERE

Screenshots
Simple Grate Screenshot Simple Grate Screenshot          
Download link
Filesize 113.75 KB | File Name With NormalMap.rar | # of Downloads 980
File Updated 24-07-2012

Comments
#37 30-06-2012
  • Registered
Sweet old simple stuff with plenty potential, me likes ! Thanks Lee. Should come in rusty flavour soon ..
Idea : what about a non slurpy wall version (or two, one up, one down) ? Angel
It would be perfect for air vent : great for Sci-Fi as for industrial as well...

#38 07-07-2012
well, you mean make the mesh available for your talents? Big Grin

It could be AL shiftable, but I think base-only would be nice as an option.

#39 07-07-2012
Actually, if you make a new item and clone it from wall deco, it will be AL-shiftable whether you want it or not (yes, even if you've unchecked everything except the base game in SimPE before you cloned - I think Maxis made the change deep in the bowels of the wall deco Init). Smile It's only when you want to make an old (pre-AL) item shiftable that you need to add a BHAV and thus break BG compatibility - unless you add an EP check first to bypass it if AL isn't installed, that is.

I feel a little bad that I never finished the slurpy version of this. I still have it, but I could never work around the "don't evaporate while it's raining" problem and that made me all discouraged. Sad I mean, what point is a grate if it doesn't start draining puddles until the rain has stopped?! Imagine what the street would look like if grates worked like that IRL...

#40 07-07-2012
Yea, I think it is the semi-global that makes it work with AL, base or not.

On the slurpy - considered letting BO have a look at the BHAV?

Sorry, that is a members only option