sims2 #1
so, I saw that fansee has been uploading the contents of her downloads folder (the things she made herself of course) and I thought I might jump on the bandwagon. Um yea.

So, I had a look and I found this - it is a street grate.

It is a whopping 12 polygons in size and costs a fairly non-prohibitive 1 simoleon. It is recolourable, but comes with only one recolour and only one subset. Come on - it's a GRATE. Sheesh. You can find it in the buy catalog in deco/miscellaneous.

Special features:
  • Visible from hood view
  • Intersectable by objects and Sims
  • Can be placed on the road in a lot with no cheats.

Í tested on a lot with taxi's and cars - no issues seen as far as blocking portals etc. Enjoy.

Now with an update from Pixelhate - a better Normal map Big Grin

Please do:
  • Include my objects in your lots
  • Use the objects etc in pictures/machinima/stories
  • Let me know if you recolour one of my items so I can post a link in the upload thread.
Please don't:
  • Share the files as downloads
  • Include my meshes with your recolours unless you ask me first.

Requests?
You can ask me HERE

Screenshots
Simple Grate Screenshot Simple Grate Screenshot          
Download link
Filesize 113.75 KB | File Name With NormalMap.rar | # of Downloads 980
File Updated 24-07-2012

Comments
#33 12-04-2012
Slurpy Grate FTW! Big Grin

I'm going to hold off a little on the uploading, though, because I discovered something silly. When I tested the grate, even though it was outside, I did it on "clean" water (breaking a shower and a sink was a much quicker way of getting puddles than turning on the rain and wait for a puddle to form somewhere). Then I checked it on rain water - and it didn't work, not until it stopped raining (but then the adjacent puddles did drain quicker than the other ones).

At first I thought it was me being even n00bier than usual, because rain puddles and other puddles are in the same category, "puddles", and the category is what the mod targets... but then I did some digging around. It turns out the rain puddles have an added BHAV that tells them not to evaporate as long as they're being rained on - which apparently overrides the "force evaporate" BHAV in the grate/Mog's bath mat. Sad

So, I'm going to try my hand at some additional BHAVing and see if I can add a line or two to the grate BHAV that says it should evaporate puddles regardless of the weather (i.e., no matter if the "being rained on" BHAV returns true or false) without blowing anything up. Tongue Stay tuned!

#34 12-04-2012
well, how strange is that. Careful with puddles. I know someone who once made something totally unrelated to bathrooms, but the puddle they made made showering sims vanish. (is TRUE).

Course, that was a custom puddle...but anyway.

#35 13-04-2012
Hey Nix if you need a sucker someone to help test Slurpy Grate, I volunteer.

#36 13-04-2012
@Lee, it made Sims disappear? Confused That's both funny and scary at the same time. But yeah, who would have thought something as innocuous as puddles would turn out to be such complex little creatures?

@Shell, thanks! I'll most likely take you up on that. Smile

Sorry, that is a members only option