Sims 2 and Graphics Cards - the fixes.

GRAPHICS RULES MAKER
A new program is out to help you with graphics rules
Click here to download

#51 06-04-2014 
Hi WickerBag. You need to go to the first post on this thread, for instructions on how to do the fix.

You need the texture memory fix, but the problem is that the fix you downloaded - you've put it in the wrong folders, so the fix is not being picked up. I know this, because if the fix was being accepted you'd be able to find the word 'Kiri' in your config-log. I put trace and comments to be able to track what changes.

You need to put it in the folder that has the highest number.
What you need to do is check what the double deluxe number is. The exe file that you run it from has the number on it.

If the double deluxe number is less than 4, then it needs to go in pets. If it's greater than 4, it needs to go into the double deluxe.

The folders that the graphic rules.sgr need to go in is both:

\EA\The Sims 2 - Pets\TSData\Res\Config\
\EA\The Sims 2 - Pets\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

I'm not sure how double-deluxe is set up, but you would be putting it in a similiar place.

#52 06-04-2014 
So one would think that the main post of this thread contained everything one might need to fix everything graphics related... Apparently, one would be wrong Tongue

#53 06-04-2014 
Yup. BO. There is often new things or things that need to be explained differently to be made sense of. Graphic Card problems are not an easy one-fix-fixes all. Smile

#54 06-04-2014 
(06-04-2014 10:59 AM)celebkiriedhel Wrote:  Yup. BO. There is often new things or things that need to be explained differently to be made sense of. Graphic Card problems are not an easy one-fix-fixes all. Smile

That is true. I used the fix on the OP, and it didn't solve my issue, but Miss Kiri has been working hard on finding the right fix for me.

I just remembered something that I didn't do in the last test, and I'm going to check if that makes any difference. I'll let you know. Kinda going through Sims 2 withdrawals, lol.

#55 06-04-2014 
Good idea nama - What was it? I've been going over your graphics card and your config file, and I'm still deep in study. Will find it and make it work though. Smile

#56 06-04-2014 
The most simple: I forgot to run as admin. So I'm going to see if that makes a difference or not.

Nope, no difference really, except what I showed in the picture isn't as prominent. Basically instead of the WHOLE house being glitchy, it's only where the wall was removed/added.

Unfortunately it's still unplayable as is.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 03:10 PM by namakyori.)

#57 06-04-2014 
oh well. at least we know.

#58 06-04-2014 
Hello Kiri. Thanks for your patience. I forgot to put the files in the CSConfig folder too, not just in the Config folder, so that was probably part of the reason why it didn't work.

Double Deluxe has the number 2 (exe file is called Sims2EP2.exe). So I've put the fixes in Pets:
C:\Programs\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Config
and
C:\Programs\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\CSConfig

Unfortunately it didn't seem to change anything. I read the generated logfile and it still doesn't have the word 'Kiri' in it. And I still have the texture memory problem.
Here is the logfile:
.txt  config-log3.txt (Size: 9.64 KB / Downloads: 492)

I just want to check, did I download the correct files? I downloaded them from your post here:
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.ph...5#pid24505

The person you had written that fix for had the same graphic card as me, but he had Windows 8, while I have Windows 7. Not sure if that changes anything.

Also, in Step 4 of your instructions you said to check if Anti-Aliasing is on. Mine seems to be off and I can't find a way to change it.

Thanks again for your help.

#59 07-04-2014 
Hi WickerBag, I had a look - and it's still definitely not picking up the changed version.

The card that you're downloading will work for Windows 7, HOWEVER - the driver number of your 6800 card and the driver number of their 6800 card is different. I'm not sure what that difference makes is.

Hmmm.... I have to go to physio right now.

When I get back, I'll have a look at this in more depth...

Can you give me a screenshot of your C:\Programs\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSData\Res\Config folder from Windows Explorer?

(I'm just wondering if there is something else in there that might be conflicting with the files).

#60 07-04-2014 
Hi Kiri, here's the screenshot:    

It's really weird. I definitely use the Sims2EP4.exe to start my game, so those files should have some effect. The little custom content I have is all disabled. I also went and checked all my other expansions just to be sure, and their numbers are all lower than 4.

I really appreciate your help.

Before you post requesting help
Information we need

1. The -config-log.txt from the Logs folder in the My Documents\EA\The Sims2\ Click "full editor" below to attach a text file.
  2. Your operating System.
  3. What the problem actually is - that will be a picture to show the problem (optional), and accompanying text files that turn up (optional), and a detailed description of what happened, and what you expected to happen.

Sorry, that is a members only option